Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit scoring system is so rigged!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit scoring system is so rigged!

You’re definitely going to see a big increase but like @Trudy said, it would be 10 to 20 points higher if you had at least a couple dollars balance on one revolver.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol are you saying I need to go charge $200 on a card?? 

@Anonymous wrote:
You’re definitely going to see a big increase but like @Trudy said, it would be 10 to 20 points higher if you had at least a couple dollars balance on one revolver.

Message 22 of 29
Trudy
Valued Contributor

If you follow FICO scores please search threads about AZEO (All Zero's Except One) which is referenced to maximize some scores which is what @Anonymous is referencing.  As noted above, there is a penalty for All Zero's as the formula assumes you're not using your revolving credit and can't determine your responsibility of paying (no memory, just raw #'s at time reported). It's just part of the algorithm and one of the many things communicated and learned here. 

As @Anonymous says, report a balance on 1 major bankcard, it can be as low as $5.  Let it report on your statement which will report to the CB's for most cards, pay before the due date and no interest charged.  That's enough to satisfy the FICO algorithm Gods.  It is what it is, regardless of how much sense it makes to some.  But that's if you're focused on scores. 

Your OP mentions myKarma and I assume you meant Credit Karma instead of MyFICO because there is no myKarma.  Those are not FICO scores.  You may see what you expect to see with Credit Karma but may be surprised if you app something and get different scores because most (90+%) of lenders use FICO scores.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep what @Trudy said. $5 is enough.
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There were a total of 6 cards.  All the cards were around 95% usage. My overall DTI was at 68%.  Now it's only 10%.

@Anonymous DTI? Or utilization?

My DTI was was 72% and my credit card utilization on all my cards was 95% so pretty much maxed out on 6 cards.  Now all six cards are $0 balance and my DTI now is 15%.

thoughts? 

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

As stated above, go buy lunch on one of your major cards and let that report. That'll avoid the "no credit in use" penalty.

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There were a total of 6 cards.  All the cards were around 95% usage. My overall DTI was at 68%.  Now it's only 10%.

My DTI was was 72% and my credit card utilization on all my cards was 95% so pretty much maxed out on 6 cards.  Now all six cards are $0 balance and my DTI now is 15%.

thoughts? 

@Anonymous  I think a big congratulations is in order! You've came along way buddy! You have done a total 180 and you should be proud of yourself! But you still need to go put five dollars on one of those cards! 😉

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thoughts? 

@Anonymous  I think a big congratulations is in order! You've came along way buddy! You have done a total 180 and you should be proud of yourself! But you still need to go put five dollars on one of those cards! 😉

Thanks man!! Done! Charged $18 on my Barclay card. 

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Done I charged $18 on my Barclay Arrival card.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.