Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit with Equifax 619 score

tag
RaiseMyFicoScore
Valued Member

Credit with Equifax 619 score

Hello everyone,

I am trying to find out which store cards or credit cards I can get that will pull from Equifax, which is my best score (619).  Are there any banks or jewelry stores that pull from Equifax and will approve with that score?

Thanks

Starting Scores
September 2017
Equifax 543
Trans Union 548
Experian 545
February 2018
Equifax 596
Trans Union 589
Experian 575
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit with Equifax 619 score

First of all, where did you get that score from?  Website?

Secondly, if you want to rebuild your score, don't be buying overpriced jewelry on credit.  There's way more you can do -- my scores were 550s in March 2017 and now I'm in the 700s.  See my signature link for a few ideas to start!

2-3 secured cards from great banks, Alliant SSL if you have no other open loans, and garden for 1-2 years.

Your derogatories are probably hurting your score so tell us more about your credit profile -- open accounts, closed accounts, collections, etc.

Message 2 of 6
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

ABCD with the solid rebuild advice here OP. We would need some data points on your current situation to help you get headed in the right direction. But with that score if it is a true FICO you should be pre-approved possibly with Cap One for a credit step card. 

PS ABCD did you see the 1.5% CDs from PenFed no max? 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandman771 wrote:

PS ABCD did you see the 1.5% CDs from PenFed no max? 

Ugh, I burned Pen Fed for almost 5 figures (a long long time ago).  I know I have a checking account there with probably $50 to my name, I get monthly statement emails, but honestly I don't remember WHEN I CO'd them and I never saw it on a CR, so I am kindly still nervous about poking them lol.  I know it's probably been 7 years but I still would rather just bite my nails in fear out of the memory of old fear from when I was in my 30s, haha.

I probably should find my login there and just log in and see what's what.  No idea why I still carry PTSD over that old credit card.

Message 4 of 6
RaiseMyFicoScore
Valued Member

I have the MYFICO subscription and it shows Equifax at 619.  I currently have a Cap One with $300 limit and Credit One with $500 limit.  I have other cards that have charged off in the past. 

I have two credit union car loans that are great standing, one that is almost 4 years old, with a balance of about $15k and the other is 2 years old, with a balance of about $7k, a $1k credit union line of credit, a $1500 limit Visa, with the credit union and 3 paid off credit union loans.  All in good standing. 

Thank you

Starting Scores
September 2017
Equifax 543
Trans Union 548
Experian 545
February 2018
Equifax 596
Trans Union 589
Experian 575
Message 5 of 6
RaiseMyFicoScore
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.  I'm going to take a look at the link in your signature.  That's very impressive that you could jump 150 points in just a few months. 

I have a specific reason for requesting the jewelry card, but if I could get another visa/mc that would be great.  I already have a $1500 credit union card, a $1000 line of credit with the credit union, 2 car loans and a $300 Credit One card and a $500 Cap One card.

Thanks

Starting Scores
September 2017
Equifax 543
Trans Union 548
Experian 545
February 2018
Equifax 596
Trans Union 589
Experian 575
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.