cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal -- Finally merged with Experian?

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: CreditCheckTotal -- Finally merged with Experian?

I suspect the CreditWorks $4.99+tax and then cancel(at anytime) as it advertises. Im thinking doing it quarterly myself...

I’m also waiting on some thoughts to that possibly being an alternative(?)

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 11 of 56
arkane
Established Contributor

@calyx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To Calyx,

When you signed up for the seven day trial -- did it give you all three reports? Or only the Experian report.

Thanks

@calyx wrote:

I decided to try the $1 trial today and cancelled - I want to see if we can repeat hit like we could before.

All three - scores and reports.

I can confirm the same.

Now the $1 dollar question is whether we can keep churning this $1 7-day trial like we used to. Smiley Happy

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 12 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on the phone with Experian for fifty minutes this morning trying to get my account updated. Still can't get into it. What a mess. I resent their wasting my time. I really do. Although the young woman helping me did her best. 

Message 13 of 56
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info!

That really sucks! What the heck are we gonna recommend to peeps now to get actual FICO scores. 00AAsmiley-face-cool-2.gif

Message 14 of 56
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Thanks for the info!

That really sucks! What the heck are we gonna recommend to peeps now to get actual FICO scores. 00AAsmiley-face-cool-2.gif

Perhaps the domain that this community is a subdomain of? Lol  Smiley Wink 

edit: I just received the following email a short while ago when I couldn’t log into my free EX credit score app:

We changed your username, 
With our recent system upgrade, we merged your multiple open accounts. Your new username is:
(Redacted)
If you want to create a new username:
  1. Sign in with the above username
  2. Enter your desired username 
  3. Click the “Save Changes” button to confirm

i can’t log in using any username or recover my account under any circumstance. Does anyone remember my post a week or two back regarding CCT?  I’ve been unable to use CCT for years and now I can’t recover access to my accounts at:

creditscore.com

creditscorecard.com

creditchecktotal.com

experian.com

I’m ready to create a $40/mo budget category for FICO 3B Ultimate and never cancel over this crap. I been complaining about CCT lockout for years.  

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 15 of 56
forestgreenrover
Regular Contributor

@Musiclover that was my experience this morning as well.

Guys, I nearly had a heart attack this morning when trying to get into cct. This is kinda devastating.

The one silver lining in all of this is that in spite of my confusion, I *knew* that I could come here and find a discussion about it to confirm that I wasn't losing my mind or was the victim of some strange attack.

AmEx Gold, BECU Cash Back 38k, PSECU Founders Visa Sig 30k, IKEA Projekt 28k, NFCU CashRewards 28k, Macy's AmEx 25k, NFCU More Rewards 24.5k, PNC Cash Rewards Visa Sig 20k, PNC Core 20k, Lowe's 17k, Overstock.com 16k, NFCU Plat 15.3k, FNBO Visa 12.3k, AmEx BCP 12k, AmEx EDP 12k, Citi DC 11k, AmEx Delta Gold SkyMiles 10k, PayPal 2% 10k, NFCU CLOC 10k, BBVA Clear Points 9.5k, Amazon Store 8k, Discover it 7.9k, PenFed Power Cash 6.25k, Kay 5.25k, Huntington Voice Plat 5.1k, J.Crew 4.5k, 5/3rd Trio 4k, Citizens Cash Back+ 3.8k, BB&T Bright 3.5k, BB&T Spectrum CR 3.5k, WF Cash Wise 3k, Huntington Voice Rewards 2.9k, WF Propel 2k, BECU Visa 2k, Citi Goodyear 1.9k, Cap 1 QS 1.75k, Cap 1 QS 1.45k
Message 16 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has BBS tried to use CCT in the last few days?  He's typically my go to guy regarding CCT.  I have never used CCT myself but as others have mentioned it's a service I often recommend to people, especially newcomers.

In the last year there have been at least half a dozen threads where people were certain that CCT was finished, and BBS did a bit of legwork and found out that this was not the case.

It sounds like Calyx (earlier in this thread) did the $1 CCT trial yesterday without difficulty, if I am reading his post right.

Message 17 of 56
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

I’ve tried to log in CCT myself—no go!
Logged in to see what would happen and took me to “Credit Check TotalExperian” log in page. So, on my end...CCT is done!!

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 18 of 56
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has BBS tried to use CCT in the last few days?  He's typically my go to guy regarding CCT.  I have never used CCT myself but as others have mentioned it's a service I often recommend to people, especially newcomers.

In the last year there have been at least half a dozen threads where people were certain that CCT was finished, and BBS did a bit of legwork and found out that this was not the case.

It sounds like Calyx (earlier in this thread) did the $1 CCT trial yesterday without difficulty, if I am reading his post right.

Yup.

For total clarification:
I tried to log into CCT with my CCT user/pass and it did not work.
I logged into CCT with my Experian user/pass and it offered me the $1 trial.
I did the $1 trial - and got the Experian dashboard with my former Experian archived reports as well as the new 3B pull.
I then cancelled my "membership" 
When looking at TOS - it didn't have the 9 day cancellation language like CCT did (it says 7), so I didn't want to forget since I had gotten used to my second pull on day 8 before cancelling.

Here's a screenshot with the archived reports drop down on Experian - I had done CCT pulls on Dec 1 and Dec 8, so you can see that they didn't combine my account reports (boo)

I'm having some issues logging into CCT today (it seems to time out), so I'm not sure if I can get another trial, which is what I'm hoping for, but I'll keep trying.

cctexp.png

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 19 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has BBS tried to use CCT in the last few days? 

I hadn't, but after reading this thread I went ahead and did another $1 trial.  When going to CCT.com and trying to log in, the graphic in the upper left corner of the screen (and url) remains CCT, but the UN/PW section looks identical to what you'd see when logging into your Experian.com account.  When using my CCT login credentials, I was not able to log in.  Backing up, I went again to the CCT.com main screen where it shows you can do a $1 trial.  Instead of my usual login first, I clicked this icon where I was prompted to sign up.  It said my UN was already taken, so I just added a character to the end of it and proceeded.  $1 trial started, 3B report/scores delivered.

The most important takeaway here is that you can still get your 3B report/scores for $1.  I'm not sure if you can cancel and do another dollar trial with the same login credentials, but I would imagine at the very least you can sign up again simply adding another character to your UN and it would work.

The downside I see to this change is:

• When accessing my archived reports (all from previous CCT $1 trials) it seems I can only see the Experian reports and would have to pay for the other 2.
  • The interface isn't as user-friendly IMO compared to the old CCT one.
  • My Credit Works Basic account through Experian (free one) near as I can tell cannot be accessed after doing a $1 trial.  No big deal, I'll take 3B report/scores updates for $1 gladly over a free monthly EX-only report/score.

THREAD WORTHY UPDATE:  I'm about to start a thread on this because to me, it's that exciting.  With these new $1 trials, you get far more scores than just your 3 FICO 8s!  You are also provided with your EX FICO 2 (mortgage) score, FICO Auto Score 8 and 2 (both EX), as well as EX FICO Bankcard Score 8, EX FICO Score 3 and EX Bankcard Score 2! 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Monumental-CCT-1-trial-improvement/m-p/5439477#M270951

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.