Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditCheckTotal trial question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CreditCheckTotal trial question

I cancelled via the automated system this morning.

When you call up you hit "3" for other all other questions, then "1" to cancel membership via the automated system.  Enter in last 4 digits of SS# when prompted, then DOB, then zip code.  Then say "no" to the do you want a 50% discount on a full membership for 12 months.  That's it.  Entire call takes 2 - 2.5 minutes.

Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you call up you hit "3" for other all other questions, then "1" to cancel membership via the automated system.  Enter in last 4 digits of SS# when prompted, then DOB, then zip code.  Then say "no" to the do you want a 50% discount on a full membership for 12 months.  That's it.  Entire call takes 2 - 2.5 minutes.

THANK YOU! Gosh I'm tired of talking to a representative when I cancel lol. 

Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any time!  I can't blame you for not wanting to deal with one of their barely-speaks-English reps either.

Message 23 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UGH. So I just called, hit 3, and it sent me straight to a live rep! Do i have to do this after hours? 

Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just email my cancellation. I provide my name and email address. Sometimes I get the 2 day extension, sometimes not.
Message 25 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UGH. So I just called, hit 3, and it sent me straight to a live rep! Do i have to do this after hours? 

I'm fairly certain I've cancelled trials using the automated system during normal business hours, although I do it often in the middle of the night.  I suppose doing it after hours wouldn't be a bad practice just to "make sure" you don't get a live person on the phone.

Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just email my cancellation. I provide my name and email address. Sometimes I get the 2 day extension, sometimes not.

Where did you get an email address to do this?

I think there is a pro and a con to this.  The pro which I aboslutely love is that with email you have a written record of your cancellation, exactly when you submitted it.  Granted when cancelling via human being or automated system you receive a confirmation email of the cancellation.

What I don't know about is how quickly it takes effect if you do it by email.  Woudn't that depend on how quickly they check their email?  At least with the automated system it is instant where if you tried doing it via email at say 9PM one night you probably wouldn't have it take place until 9AM the following morning or perhaps later?

Message 27 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help@creditchecktotal..com I've also used Info@experiancredit.com.

I've had the same results with canceling. I usually receive a confirmation email back within a few hours. I always set a reminder on my calendar so I cancel the day before it's set to expire.
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Where did you get an email address to do this?

I think there is a pro and a con to this.  The pro which I aboslutely love is that with email you have a written record of your cancellation, exactly when you submitted it.  Granted when cancelling via human being or automated system you receive a confirmation email of the cancellation.

What I don't know about is how quickly it takes effect if you do it by email.  Woudn't that depend on how quickly they check their email?  At least with the automated system it is instant where if you tried doing it via email at say 9PM one night you probably wouldn't have it take place until 9AM the following morning or perhaps later?

Strangely it went to automated system today...thank goodness lol

Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good thing, nice!

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.