Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CreditOnes secondary subprime score...

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

CreditOnes secondary subprime score...

Got a revised denial letter from CreditNone.. er One... (dated last year for the score btw)

Am curious as to what the heck secondary/subprime scoring they are using... 

Its some custom flavor of risk score from Experian that has the range of -5 to 298

Isn't a flavor of L2C which iv seen elsewhere (Discover oddly enough)

Dont know where the cutoffs are for whats "good" and not either....

The typical pull reasons out of their backside for Key factors.......

-J

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CreditOnes secondary subprime score...

What are you doing applying for anything from them senor? Smiley Happy

AFAIK it was pure proprietary but I haven't really tracked CreditOne since my default position is avoid them like the plague.

        
Message 2 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

What are you doing applying for anything from them senor? Smiley Happy

AFAIK it was pure proprietary but I haven't really tracked CreditOne since my default position is avoid them like the plague.

This was an SP query that ended my monthly free score from them in 2015, hence the date.. I guess they got busted for not including the score and the agency that provided it...

Id just like to figure out a bit what the ranges are on it.. perhaps someone with not so stellar credit got a similar decline and wondered what is actually good...

at least with the L2C propriatary score, it was close enough to a Fako you could have a clue as to what it was..

Now i get two FICO scores from Discover(Account and CS)  and one from FCS once a month....

Yeah.. Chase just gave me a 14.x offer for a FU in my account... and we wont mention the Discover Train...

Only one im a bit dissapointed in is blispay for CL.. score was great at the time.. was hoping to be in 5k land... (nope)

Message 3 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Do people actually get turned down for Credit One in the subprime strata?  Their model seems heavily predicated on an aggressive collections department with like a 30% expected default rate within 1-3 months unless I miss my guess.

        
Message 4 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Yes folks DO get turned down by CreditNone.....

Oftentimes if your score is in the 7s (which mine was/is) (real fico, not their whatever score) they will TURN YOU DOWN....

Its similar to Sync or Comenty closing your account because your not as profitable as someone who leaves a balance and uses their card heavily....

I am proud to say I was turned down by CreditOne.... predatory sub-subprime lender (cough)...

=)

Message 5 of 11
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Oftentimes if your score is in the 7s (which mine was/is) (real fico, not their whatever score) they will TURN YOU DOWN....

Its similar to Sync or Comenty closing your account because your not as profitable as someone who leaves a balance and uses their card heavily....

I am proud to say I was turned down by CreditOne.... predatory sub-subprime lender (cough)...

=)

Talk about turning a negative into a positive lol

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 6 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@joltdude wrote:

=)

Being in the 700's is not subprime by the traditional mortgage definition.  They're not dumb, they know you're not a real customer for them Smiley Happy.

I'm talking people arguably deep subprime, call it 500-600, are those people being denied?

        
Message 7 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

=)

Being in the 700's is not subprime by the traditional mortgage definition.  They're not dumb, they know you're not a real customer for them Smiley Happy.

I'm talking people arguably deep subprime, call it 500-600, are those people being denied?

Im curious about this too.. they also can/do turn down people with no score reporting.... that I can attest to... (this is pre-myfico).... but thats really a positive thing..

I dodged that bullet a long time ago..

Message 8 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@joltdude wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@joltdude wrote:

=)

Im curious about this too.. they also can/do turn down people with no score reporting.... that I can attest to... (this is pre-myfico).... but thats really a positive thing..

I dodged that bullet a long time ago..

Oh were you a no file or did you have negatives on there when that happened?  That's curious, and yeah you did dodge a bullet, or something like what $108 in fees over the year haha.

        
Message 9 of 11
joltdude
Senior Contributor

No file.. No Score generating...

Basically i was building credit not rebuilding credit..

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.