cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditor says they reported, but none of the bureaus updates balance. What to do?

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Creditor says they reported, but none of the bureaus updates balance. What to do?

@Superduper2014   $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 reports and scores at Experian.com or creditchecktotal.com. Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

Free credit reports (disregard the VantageScore 3.0 score) at:
creditkarma.com for weekly TU and EQ
wallethub.com for daily TU

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creditor says they reported, but none of the bureaus updates balance. What to do?

I'm having the same problem with my WF CC. I was at full utilitzation on 3/10 closing date, closed at 0 on 4/10, and it still hasn't reported! Very frustrating, I called WF a few days ago, and they suggested I just wait.. but it's been two weeks now. Let me know if you have any luck.

Message 12 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

The last time I tried to get an update, I was told it was sent. It took about 25 days and it's now listed on my report as I disputed the balance, which I didn't. I simply asked them to update.

As for TU giving you VantageScore instead of FICO, why would they give you a competitor's product? You wouldn't go into a Benz dealer expecting to buy a new BMW. VantageScore was created to compete with FICO by the big 3 bureaus. It's actually odd that Experian gives you all your FICOs, but no VantageScore. 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue with wells fargo , last reported balance was on March 8th closed with a balance of 0 and it never reported. Balance reported was 54$/900 and was Pif all of march and april. Was supposed to report april 8 and still has not still shows same balance of $54. In the process of preapproval for mortgage and its messing with my AZEO lol. Called them and they said its the automated system so who knows when it will update

Message 14 of 15
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Ok It seems wells Fargo is doing this on purpose. 

I have read many people having the same issue of them nor reporting updated balances for April. 

I have talked to their CLI dept and they have "supposedly" filled out a form that goes to someone else in another dept for review. 

They do have a resolution department for credit reporting, but I only found an address to write them to. I need a phone number to talk to these guys. I paid off a card to zero and need them to do what's fair, which is to report on time to all bureaus. 

Anyone who can come up with that phone number will be a hero ! Smiley Happy I started a thread requesting this, but no one has info apparently. 

I also disputed the infomation with all 3 bureaus and uploaded my statement showing zero balance. Not sure if this will be resolved in time for my what I need to do, but it is better than doing nothing I guess. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.