Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditrepair.com Is this a scam?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditrepair.com Is this a scam?

I joined Creditrepair.com  I pay them $99 per month. At first they removed 6 items- Like BAM!  Now, I feel like I am getting milked for a $100 per month. Please help guide me towards a better option.  I have a seriously good job, great income. I have 4 cards and a balance of $170. All paid on time and a new car, also paid on time-everytime. #frustrated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
burntreality
New Contributor

Re: Creditrepair.com Is this a scam?

I would not say they are a scam but they are doing something you could easily do yourself.  

If you read on these boards you can find out how to write your own letters to send to the companies to get negative items removed.  

Starting score: 513 (Pulled from MyFico)
Current Score: EQ=735 TU=744 EX=746
Message 2 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I joined Creditrepair.com  I pay them $99 per month. At first they removed 6 items- Like BAM!  Now, I feel like I am getting milked for a $100 per month. Please help guide me towards a better option.  I have a seriously good job, great income. I have 4 cards and a balance of $170. All paid on time and a new car, also paid on time-everytime. #frustrated

You are being milked ripped off for a hundred bucks per month, cancel it ASAP. If they removed 6 items they got the easy stuff that was probably incorrect, you cannot remove valid, correct items on your credit report. If there are incorrect items on your credit report you can remove them yourself by disputing them directly with the credit reporting agency.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @daveinaz

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous

The better option here would be doing the work yourself.  If you hit the rebuilding forum you'll find some great information.

From your paragraph above, it sounds like you have no negative items on your CR, but clearly you do if you're looking into credit repair services.  How many other negative items do you have on your CR?  What is the age/severity of each one?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure hope they are not a scam I need them I paid two collection agencies for the same accounts thinking that they were paid and I didn’t have to think about them anymore and I’m still dealing with that and they’ve been on my credit file open since 2015 when I paid them the first time so any advice to help with my situation I lost everything when interest rates went up couldn’t get Carlin’s transportation etc. friends borrow money lost friends last house I need
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.