cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creit Attorney (not repair) vs form letters here...

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Creit Attorney (not repair) vs form letters here...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Junejer wrote:
nyccc2, sassycat was talking about a letter like the one I posted this morning for Cory. Send one of those, then dispute with CRAs, enclosing a copy of the letter, the Cert mail receipt and the GC.

Thanks Byrdman. I am going to send out a letter like that to Midland and Professional Collection, can I send something similar to Cap1 for an old Small Biz Card I had they said I have personal responsibility for that they never sold and just CO'd?

FYI I already did two rounds of disputes on all of these, 'verified' round 1, round 2 TU/Ex said they won't re-investigatge (frivolous). So will they take it more seriously if I send it a third-time with the copy, cert mail and... GC (what is that?)?

OC does not have to respond to DV. Lady Scarlet posts a really nice letter for OCs. I believe that I have it. I will look for it and paste it later, if you don't find it.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Junejer wrote:
nyccc2, sassycat was talking about a letter like the one I posted this morning for Cory. Send one of those, then dispute with CRAs, enclosing a copy of the letter, the Cert mail receipt and the GC.

Thanks Byrdman. I am going to send out a letter like that to Midland and Professional Collection, can I send something similar to Cap1 for an old Small Biz Card I had they said I have personal responsibility for that they never sold and just CO'd?

FYI I already did two rounds of disputes on all of these, 'verified' round 1, round 2 TU/Ex said they won't re-investigatge (frivolous). So will they take it more seriously if I send it a third-time with the copy, cert mail and... GC (what is that?)?

OC does not have to respond to DV. Lady Scarlet posts a really nice letter for OCs. I believe that I have it. I will look for it and paste it later, if you don't find it.

I seem to remember one as well, I was looking for it to no avail. I'll see if I can search by username.

Funny thing is on the Cap1, they said the following:

1) It is charged off as an R9 Rating and not sold to another lender, balance of $1,700

2) It is a Small Business Account so is reported each month to Equifax Small Business Enterprise each month and not reported to consumer bureaus unless it is 180 days late in which case it appears on the report of the officer listed on the account.

3) If I believe they supplied incorrect information *I* should provide documentation that supports this. They told me I had to do this within 30 days of the letter.

4) They said they can't take further action until *they* receive this information.

I can't see how *I* need to prove it is not my account, when they are the ones listing me. Don't THEY have to prove it to *me*?

I'm hoping I can find LadyScarlet's OC letter. I'd love to get Cap1/Midland/Prof Coll off, that would give me 2 clean CRAs which would be great.

Thanks for your help, please let me know if you find the letter, I will do the same.
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok Byrdman, here is is. I think it is only in the case the OC has sold to a collection agency, in my case the debt was never sold, just CO'd as bad debt so not sure if I can use this or not;

Company

Address

Address

Date

Re: Acct #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I recently pulled my credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and noticed this account was listed on each of my reports as a collection I immediately disputed this information with Experian, Equifax and TransUnion and the results of the investigation came back as "verified

Since I have disputed the account with the credit bureaus, and you have verified them, I would like to see what sort of records you have for this alleged account. Under the new FACTA laws, you are required to conduct an investigation on this account, and I am now requesting it.

In order to clear up this matter, I would like to see:

Complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity; In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account

If you don't respond with the results of the investigation (as is required per the FCRA), I will assume you have no documentation and therefore you were negligent in providing the credit bureaus with accurate information. At this point, you would also be in violation of the FCRA merely for not responding within the 30-day period.

Please send all correspondence to:

Name

Address

Address

Sincerely,

DO NOT SIGN......JUST TYPE NAME
Message 13 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, that's the one that I was thinking about. Okay, I understand that Cap1 doesn't play ball too well with GW & PFD, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to try. You might catch someone slippin' one day and catch a break for yourself.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, so CAs *have* to comply with 'DV' and OC's have a choice.

Well it is worth a shot I guess right, worst they can do is ignore me. Not like it can make things worse?

It falls off in September anyway, hoping since they dropped three other old accounts (personal) they'll drop this too after some pressure. I don't think the score is hurting me but the total 1283 is 90% of my outstanding debt so it would help some.

Also, as I am presenting a Business Plan to Venture Capitalists, my goal is more to remove all/any derogs that would be seen on manual review and to add good lines.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is an interesting update Byrdman;

I applied for HSBC Online, even knowing that;

1) TU had the two unpaid old collections and the CO'd old Cap1
2) Efx had the old CO'd Cap1
3) Exp has those and 3 or 4 other old baddies

AND knowing Exp is the pull of choice for HSBC.

Approved online for $2k in 60 seconds!

So perhaps these lines are not hurting as much as I thought.

So the question is does it make sense to go through the time/effort to try to force Cap/Mid/Prof to remove these or just apply for credit now. Can *anything* bad come out of this DV maneuver?

This is good news though, as I have a list of Efx and TU friendly cards, especially the Amazon Chase card for which my sister, self-employed, got an $8k line for w few weeks back.
Message 16 of 21
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So the question is does it make sense to go through the time/effort to try to force Cap/Mid/Prof to remove these or just apply for credit now. Can *anything* bad come out of this DV maneuver?

This is good news though, as I have a list of Efx and TU friendly cards, especially the Amazon Chase card for which my sister, self-employed, got an $8k line for w few weeks back.

nyccc2, how does SOL and time-barred match up in NY? If past SOL, then I would send the DV. If not past SOL, but will be time barred relatively soon thus ending SOL, I would let sleeping dogs lie. Go after the cards that you think will approve you with your best scores.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: They pulled Efx, not Exp.

Interestingly, even though Efx has the least amount of derogs (1 recent paid medical collection, 1 7 year old Cap1 chargeoff) it is only 652, where as Experian is ten points higher with the same plus an unpaid collection and 3 old charge-offs).
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

As I understand it - only a paid collection must be removed at 5 years in NY (unpaid stays the 7 years).  Cite the NY Code to the CRAs if paid and then ITS if they won't remove.

Truthfully - unless you have an absolute need to get these off NOW - I would just let them fall off.  We all want 'perfection'  - my cc payment history is perfect however I have one stubborn med collection and  as far as I am concerned I offered to pay in full for remove and they told me 'no way'. well, it can stay the next 4 yrs and 8 months --- even a mortgage won't forcce me to pay a med (and I already have that) - so no deletion = no money.  Not worth them suing over (they can only get $42.25 fin attorney fees per 'contract').
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

nyccc2, how does SOL and time-barred match up in NY? If past SOL, then I would send the DV. If not past SOL, but will be time barred relatively soon thus ending SOL, I would let sleeping dogs lie. Go after the cards that you think will approve you with your best scores.

Oh I thought something was time-barred *because* it was beyond SOL. NY is 6 years for SOL.

Midland was a NY account, and was at 6 years at the latest in December (at which point it appears to be the first time in collections, so that would mean even earlier).

Professional Collections is a Californaia Cell Phone (Pac Bell) which is 4 years and was *assigned* to them in 5/03 and shows dropping of in 1/09 so it is 7 years old.

Cap1 shows DOLA as 11/01 (which is probably a year later then it really was) so that is over 6 as well.

The only *problem* is I made payments to CA on Mid/Prof. Mid offered me a settlement once I stopped paying, Prof doesn't write or call. So I don't think they are/can come after me.

I got $2k fro Efx which has the Cap1, not mid/prof, and has an item TU does not; a recent paid Med Collection, which I actually called the Dr. and paid his collection fees on as well. He said he asked them to remove but they said they 'can't', so I am going to ask them tomorrow to tell them they reported in error, that way Efx will only have the 7 year old baddie on it. If I can get approved for $2k WITH a recent paid...
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.