Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Online Banking and Mobile App Update

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

DCU Online Banking and Mobile App Update

I just got a E-Mail that DCU will have their whole banking experience updated in the next few weeks. I hope that keep the SP approvals and don't get rid of it. Smiley Happy I like the on line baking now with DCU and I think it's very easy to use and well layers out. I think the worse is NorthWest FCU it on line banking it's like from 1999 is not easy to use they need to update and fix it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DCU Online Banking and Mobile App Update

It's awful!  They removed everything!  I had to download their new app and all it does is let you add your other banking instituions to it.  No way to transfer money from other accounts into your account from DCU.  

@Cory88 wrote:

I just got a E-Mail that DCU will have their whole banking experience updated in the next few weeks. I hope that keep the SP approvals and don't get rid of it. Smiley Happy I like the on line baking now with DCU and I think it's very easy to use and well layers out. I think the worse is NorthWest FCU it on line banking it's like from 1999 is not easy to use they need to update and fix it.

Message 2 of 9
sznthescore
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's awful!  They removed everything!  I had to download their new app and all it does is let you add your other banking instituions to it.  No way to transfer money from other accounts into your account from DCU.  

@Cory88 wrote:

If that's all it does, it can't possible be ready for roll out just yet. 🤔 

@Cory88 What do you mean by HAD to download the new app? I'm still using the old version.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 3 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@sznthescore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

@Cory88 What do you mean by HAD to download the new app? I'm still using the old version.

Probably being rolled out in waves. Mine switched a week or two ago.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sznthescore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cory88 wrote:

I was forced to download the new app yesterday.  After digging around they use a third party API Plaid to have you add your external accounts (bank accounts and cc's if associated will populate)  and than you can link those external accounts to transfer money in/out.  

I am not a fan.  The new app made me create a username, eliminating the member# sign-on, and then they send a one-time text verification.  I had to do this across all of my devices so that was time consuming this morning.  

If you are on the old one, you'll be forced off this week. 

Message 5 of 9
sznthescore
Established Contributor

647259E8-ED7D-4AEB-828F-F3FAB0884DF7.jpeg

Oh I see... "They're not ready for me yet" I hope they don't take away some of the features that I DO like... 🤦🏽‍♂️ I'm rooting for you DCU, don't mess this up. 😑

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 6 of 9
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

I received the email on 2/11/22.

Digital Banking with DCU is about to get smoother, smarter, and easier. We’ll begin rolling this out to members in waves over the next several weeks. Before we update your experience, we wanted to let you know a few things you’ll need to do before the platform is converted over.

They have a conversion guide here outlines new, changed, same:

https://www.dcu.org/learn/member-resources/digital-banking-conversion-guide.html 

I looked at the guide, I see two thing that caught my eyes, I can finally have my own username, and external transfer. I haven't received any notification that I am being transferred to new platform yet.

Message 7 of 9
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

It's not the best UI to say the least but Northwest FCU is the worse UI it's like a UI from early 2000's. Alliant FCU is not a bad UI at all I was hoping it be as nice as that. I think that they look for the cheapest UI and not think that how people feel about it.

Message 8 of 9
mau471
Contributor

Disappointing to hear the new system seems to rely on plaid as I try to avoid them at all costs, I never trusted them and then they get in trouble for doing exactly what I suspected in harvesting data they weren't supposed to etc.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.