Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIRECT TV, CALLED FOR PRICING AND THEY DID HARD INQUIRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION

tag
lyssa29
New Contributor

DIRECT TV, CALLED FOR PRICING AND THEY DID HARD INQUIRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION

Do I request they remove it before disputing it?  Or just go through the agencies.  Is that illegal to do?  Should I have my attorney send a letter?

Message Edited by lyssa29 on 05-31-2008 08:24 PM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DIRECT TV, CALLED FOR PRICING AND THEY DID HARD INQUIRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION

lyssa29 wrote:
Do I request they remove it before disputing it?  Or just go through the agencies.  Is that illegal to do?  Should I have my attorney send a letter?

Message Edited by lyssa29 on 05-31-2008 08:24 PM

Did you give them your SS#?

You can send the non PP letter and try to get them to remove.

To get anything done, you may actually have to proceed to court.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DIRECT TV, CALLED FOR PRICING AND THEY DID HARD INQUIRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION

Direct TV has no idea -
They don't know how to re-code
They don't know what PP is
They don't know how to remove
They don't care if you sue them

Just call EQ and have them remove it- TRUST ME

Message 3 of 15
lyssa29
New Contributor

They asked my address name soc to check to see what the pricing would be for service in my area.  I NEVER requested any type of service, only to get pricing.
Message 4 of 15
lyssa29
New Contributor

I typed this to the email contact us.  We'll see if I get a response.  I decided I need to atleast report the problem before I make them the poster child for FCRA violations.

I really have no issues taking this to court.  I feel rather violated...

this is what I sent.

I have an inquiry on my credit report from Direct TV, whom was NEVER given permission to pull it.  I simply called about pricing, at no time requesting any type of service, only requesting pricing.
It is in violation of the FCRA to pull my credit report without authorization.
I fully expect this inquiry to be removed from the three credit reporting agenices, or I will move forward with the attorney general, better business bureau, and my lawyer will seek compensation and damages for the drop in my credit score and the violation of my privacy in accordance of the FCRA.
You can contact me at--- with any questions.
Message 5 of 15
lyssa29
New Contributor

obviously in violation of their own privacy policy

DIRECTV takes your privacy very seriously. We believe our Privacy Policy fully describes what information we collect and what we do with that information. We limit access to subscriber information to those who need it to conduct our business. We also take substantial measures to protect the security of subscriber information.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assure you - even the VP I spoke to and emailed had no idea how to handle this-

Save your self a lot of aggravation and dispute it-

lyssa29 wrote:
I typed this to the email contact us.  We'll see if I get a response.  I decided I need to atleast report the problem before I make them the poster child for FCRA violations.

I really have no issues taking this to court.  I feel rather violated...

this is what I sent.

I have an inquiry on my credit report from Direct TV, whom was NEVER given permission to pull it.  I simply called about pricing, at no time requesting any type of service, only requesting pricing.
It is in violation of the FCRA to pull my credit report without authorization.
I fully expect this inquiry to be removed from the three credit reporting agenices, or I will move forward with the attorney general, better business bureau, and my lawyer will seek compensation and damages for the drop in my credit score and the violation of my privacy in accordance of the FCRA.
You can contact me at--- with any questions.

Message 7 of 15
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Is there a possibility that Direct TV tailors their pricing to reflect what is on a consumer's CR? This all sounds harsh.
Message 8 of 15
lyssa29
New Contributor

so true.  They never did take is off so I disputed it.  The agencies had no problem taking it off since they must have an issue with them frequently.  Thanks
Message 9 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

i don't know if i would have given them all that information just to get pricing.  just my address.  they sure don't need my social security number to give me their prices.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.