DP DCU CLI 730 EQ MORTGAGE FOR LOWEST APR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DP DCU CLI 730 EQ MORTGAGE FOR LOWEST APR

I've been with DCU since May-2018.
I got a 3k visa w/10.5 apr
Re-fi Auto loan -2.74
A few days ago I saw for the first time since I applied pre approval for everything except HELOC, and student loans.
The only one that interested me was cli on visa from 3-5k, with a catch, they wanted to raise my apr to 13.25...
My goal with DCU is first keep apr as low as possible, then cli. So I passed, and sent an email asking about the raise in apr..
They replied with details. So they obv. Go by Equifax mortgage score(mines somehow is 710even with all these approvals...) So the CSR told me the minimum FICO score to keep my lowest apr and get a cli is 730.
Not sure if this is already common knowledge but maybe it will help someone.
Also I'm hopeful to get my score up to 730 by January. Not sure if possible but I won't be applying for anything of course.
The only reason I want a higher limit is I like to throw them some usage or at least use the January offer of 0 apr on bt for 6 months, since card gets no use besides that. I don't need the 0 apr since I could pif everything, but I like to let my main cards report a balance once in a while. As long as it's 0 apr, I believe it helps with cli rather than putting a small charge on it once a month then paying immediately.
What's wierd is my mortgage score is slightly higher now than when I was approved with dcu. Either way, next round of dcu pre approval are January (I believe) so hopefully my score will hit 730... If not no big deal. Has anyone ever taken a DCU CLI with an APR increase? If so were you able to get the APR reduced? I keep my APR low for emergency situation as dcu is my lowest apr by 8 points.. But if all it takes to get my apr back down to 10.5 is a 730 score technically I could accept it, and by the time dcu 6 month apr is up I'll definitely have the 730.
But I'll pass unless I hear of ppl successful with this cli, then an apr drop.
Thanks
1 REPLY 1
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DP DCU CLI 730 EQ MORTGAGE FOR LOWEST APR

bump

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.