Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV - After CA has sold to another CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV - After CA has sold to another CA?

A bit of info, and then a couple of questions for those skilled in the art of DV..

I have a BofA charged-off card. Will probably never get unblacklisted with them, but would like to get out from under this one before they sue. Almost 2 years left in SOL.

CA #1 (Pinnacle Credit Services) is listed on Experian only. They stopped calling me about a year ago.

CA #2 left a voicemail today, saying that they've acquired the debt. They are not on any of my credit reports.

I spoke to a rep at CA #1, and asked if CA #2 was collecting for them. She didn't have any information about them, and could only tell me that her office was no longer attempting to collect the debt. She referred me to BofA.

My question is -- if I DV CA #1, will they be able to validate after the account is now in the office of CA #2?

I could PIF, and am willing to do so if I could manage to get CA #1 removed, and keep CA #2 (and possible judgement) off my reports. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by mjgray on 02-27-2008 05:19 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV - After CA has sold to another CA?

mjgray wrote:
A bit of info, and then a couple of questions for those skilled in the art of DV..

I have a BofA charged-off card. Will probably never get unblacklisted with them, but would like to get out from under this one before they sue. Almost 2 years left in SOL.

CA #1 (Pinnacle Credit Services) is listed on Experian only. They stopped calling me about a year ago.

CA #2 left a voicemail today, saying that they've acquired the debt. They are not on any of my credit reports.

I spoke to a rep at CA #1, and asked if CA #2 was collecting for them. She didn't have any information about them, and could only tell me that her office was no longer attempting to collect the debt. She referred me to BofA.

My question is -- if I DV CA #1, will they be able to validate after the account is now in the office of CA #2?

I could PIF, and am willing to do so if I could manage to get CA #1 removed, and keep CA #2 (and possible judgement) off my reports. Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by mjgray on 02-27-2008 05:19 PM

I take it that BOA is still reporting the CO on your CR.......If so that is hurting your scores much more then a CA showing.        Have you talked to them?    You might be able to PFD them.

How much you owe comes into play as far as lawsuit goes. IF the amount owed is small it might cost them (OC or CA) too much to file.

Always keep in mind that many CAs have different names,address and could be in different states BUT they might still be owned by the same company or person.....so they do talk to each other sometimes.

I would call BOA first & see about PFD (but if they agree get it in writting!!!)

Then dispute #1 CA    it should be deleted   IF not then send a DV

DV  #2  CA       when they answer the DV   send them a PFD  for full amount.   All DVs go CMRRR!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-27-2008 06:07 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV - After CA has sold to another CA?

Thanks for the advice.. much appreciated.

Spoke to BofA.. they've sold the account and cannot accept payment. I suspected as much, but it was worth a try anyway.

I've disputed CA #1 as of this morning. Will see what happens with that, and then DV if necessary.

It's a 6K debt. I'm guessing that until SOL runs out, CA #2 might see it as suit-worthy.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.