Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Letter Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Letter Help!

I have spent countless hours on this board, on other sites and reviewing articles about improving my score. The main items dragging down my score are 5 collection accounts. I am going to get four DV letters out the door by Friday, but my brain is fried from over-preparation. I wanted to briefly outline these items and get any last minute advice from the board before going forward... CA accounts listed: 2 LVNV - both old MCI bills past 4 year SOL , each between ($200 and $350) ER - 6 year old debt that would fall off in November, want to try to get them off the report sooner if possible ($600) Palisades - ATT Wireless bill that is from 2005 ($275) I also have a Midland credit card chargeoff for about $1000 that would be past SOL this summer. Unless I hear otherwise, I am planning on letting this sit until after SOL to avoid threat of lawsuit, then see about settling for removal of chargeoff and collections listing. Here are my questions: - How does the DV letter change if I have received mail from the CA vs. ones that never contacted me (LVNV has not ever contacted me, others have) - What items should I list as demands for proof of insurance? - If I fully intend on a PFD later to pay for a legitimate bill should I still DV? Any advice or links to good resources would be VERY much appreciated! I have the sample DV listed often on this site, among other examples out there. Just trying to make sure I start this journey in the best way possible.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV Letter Help!

try & seperate your post   it is hard to read and some people that might be able to help may not be able to read it easily.

On the ER    IF they still own the account and will accept PIF   pay them do not say anything about CA.       work on the CA later!

2 LVNV - both old MCI bills past 4 year SOL , each between ($200 and $350)  DV them  CMRRR

Palisades - ATT Wireless bill that is from 2005     Palisades are real barfbags    BUT  federal law states that cell phone bills can NOT sue after 2 years.   So you are past SOL   You can DV them but don't expect much......you might have a chance if they can not validate.

If you can not afford to pay any creditor and they will fall off CR   let them  But If they are close to CRTP they should be past SOL     

What is your SOL?

Cas do not always send bills or a notice..........If they were not reporting and you received a letter from them....YOU have 30 days to answer (DV)  They can NOT report until they answer the DV!

If they are already reporting   then you send a DV  CMRRR  and THEY have to answer it in 30 days or stop all collections which includs reporting.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-18-2008 07:40 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.