Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily AMEX SPs??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Daily AMEX SPs??

Hi folks

I was checking my Experian CR and noticed that Amex has been SP my CR for days, like every day for nearly a year. Almost more than credit karma, which I check daily! Why?

They were IIB for $1k. I plan to get back in with them (a long way) down the road, but still. Why so many SPs?? I'm flattered but what are they looking for/at?

D5B10532-8628-4B15-A05A-E7DE0F1C1B74.png

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Daily AMEX SPs??

Most likely trying to find the lootSmiley Wink. Lol sorry just kidding. No idea, how far out are you from your bk? Do you visit their prequal alot?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Most likely trying to find the lootSmiley Wink. Lol sorry just kidding. No idea, how far out are you from your bk? Do you visit their prequal alot?

One year

and I've done the prequal exactly twice in that year. No go of course. 

but why are they coming for me? 

Message 3 of 5
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Ok, so here is kind of a weird answer/theory. This is something I noticed when I look through my SPs on Experian. At first it will display "Experian," or "Experian Credit Works," or something along those lines for the section of SPs that occur daily. Then when you switch the option at the top of the page from "Recent" to "Alphabetical" it keeps that same data as far as all of the SP dates for Experian, but changes the name at the top to AMEX, and the address of the entity at the bottom. I truly think it is just a glitch in Experian's website, and it's actually THEM that those SPs are showing, not AMEX. The other data from what AMEX has pulled that's listed on there seems accurate, but not those daily pulls. Try hitting the recent and alphabetical option at the top of the page, and see if it changes the name for you. I'm sorry, if this post is all over the place, but it's kind of hard to explain.

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Ok, so here is kind of a weird answer/theory. This is something I noticed when I look through my SPs on Experian. At first it will display "Experian," or "Experian Credit Works," or something along those lines for the section of SPs that occur daily. Then when you switch the option at the top of the page from "Recent" to "Alphabetical" it keeps that same data as far as all of the SP dates for Experian, but changes the name at the top to AMEX, and the address of the entity at the bottom. I truly think it is just a glitch in Experian's website, and it's actually THEM that those SPs are showing, not AMEX. The other data from what AMEX has pulled that's listed on there seems accurate, but not those daily pulls. Try hitting the recent and alphabetical option at the top of the page, and see if it changes the name for you. I'm sorry, if this post is all over the place, but it's kind of hard to explain.

That is exactly what happens. But still, are those real Amex addresses in the address field? 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.