Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date next to employer on CR

tag
RobynJ
Established Contributor

Date next to employer on CR

I looked at my CR and on TRU and EQ my info on my employers all have dates next to them but on my current employer the date 12/1969 is on both of these CRA not EX and I was born in 1972 so this isn't correct. All other previous employer dates are correct. Is this some kind of code or something? It just seems weird. I did call and personally update the CRA with current email, phone, address, and employer. Any ideas? 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Date next to employer on CR

Malfunction Junction in the server. Least you got it fixed.

Message 2 of 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It means that no date was furnished by the creditor that reported it.  In most modern computer languages, days are numbered starting with 1 being January 1, 1970.  So if the number is 0 or blank in a database, it is the day before the beginning of time, or December 31, 1969 - also known as your first due date on any new Citi credit card.  

(Edit: Actually, I forgot that Citi is 12/31/1899 - but there are other lenders where you will see that 12/31/1969 date.)

Message 3 of 5
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I believe that UNIX-based systems fall back to 1969 dates when things get kooky. Just about everything except Windows is built on UNIX.

Message 4 of 5
RobynJ
Established Contributor

This makes sense. Thank you all. 

> > > > > > > > >

Starting Score:

Current Score:
My highest 818

Goal Score:

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

/
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.