Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of last Delinquency question

tag
rosco75
Regular Contributor

Date of last Delinquency question

In an auto loan, my first delinquent or missed payment was 7/2017, which means 7 years from that would be 7/2024. Do they add time to this date? I have heard 30 days, but this account is showing the date to be removed as 10/2024. How is this calculated exactly?

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Date of last Delinquency question

@rosco75 wrote:

In an auto loan, my first delinquent or missed payment was 7/2017, which means 7 years from that would be 7/2024. Do they add time to this date? I have heard 30 days, but this account is showing the date to be removed as 10/2024. How is this calculated exactly?

Capture.PNG

Date of first default (which is the date used in credit exclusion) is defined as the date the account first went delinquent and was never brought current . Your posted image indicates that after 7/17 the account was brought current again therefore 7/17 is not the DOFD. 

Message 2 of 5
rosco75
Regular Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@rosco75 wrote:

Capture.PNG

Date of first default (which is the date used in credit exclusion) is defined as the date the account first went delinquent and was never brought current . Your posted image indicates that after 7/17 the account was brought current again therefore 7/17 is not the DOFD. 

Your explanation does not explain the projected 10/2024 date. Assuming your explanation, 2/2018 would be the DOFD. If this were the case, the expected removal date would be 2/2025 and not 10/2024 yes?

Message 3 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@rosco75 wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@rosco75 wrote:

Your explanation does not explain the projected 10/2024 date. Assuming your explanation, 2/2018 would be the DOFD. If this were the case, the expected removal date would be 2/2025 and not 10/2024 yes?

When did you file bankruptcy? 

Experian automatically takes off a few months in the "removal date" calculation. 

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If the 30 day late is what your concered about. I had 1 30 day late with Santander which was PIF 3 yrs before BK. Once it fell off I got a whopping 5 points. The BK hit took care of any real gains.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.