cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing with collection agency violations, should I send ITS letter or file lawsuit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dealing with collection agency violations, should I send ITS letter or file lawsuit?

Listen to this person.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone here have success with ITS letter settlements, or lawsuit?

I have multiple CA's that have hurt my credit by continuing to verify inaccurate info, even re-aging, as well as the CRA's themselves.

Has anyone here gotten settlement offers after sending an Intent To Sue letter?  If so, what did your letters say?  My goal is to settle out of court for their violations, if possible, but I'm also not afraid to go to court and do it pro se, if need be.

Thank you

Message 12 of 20
vntrsc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone here have success with ITS letter settlements, or lawsuit?

How are they being re-aged?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

For instance a Charge off from Capital One 3 years ago just showed up again as a "charge off" after I disputed it, and hit my credit for 50 points or so.

Message 14 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That's not re aging 

Just because something gets removed during a dispute, does not mean that it cannot get reinserted again, usually with corrections.  You either had a Cap One card that got charged off, or you did not. If you did not, than you're dealing with fraud, and fraud is not handled with disputes. 

If you're referring to date of last activity, that's not synonymous with DOFD. 

Your CO  will still drop off no longer than 7.5 years from DOFD, usually after 7 years. 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love it when people don't read.  I said it was disputed and it re-aged as a NEW CHARGE OFF, and hit my credit for 50 points.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone here have success with ITS letter settlements, or lawsuit?

For instance a Charge off from Capital One 3 years ago just showed up again as a "charge off" after I disputed it, and hit my credit for 50 points or so.

There's no need to be snarky. There was nothing there that indicated it was listed as a new account. And if the DoFD hasn't changed, it isn't listed as a new account. It might have simply been reinserted into your report after being validated. Starting from the beginning, what is the DoFd listed?

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This thread is quickly devolving into off-topic, as I thought it might.  I'm specifically looking for people who have either gotten cash settlements from ITS letters, or sued and won pro se in court.  I'm not concerned with discussing the minutiae of what exactly these idiots have done, I just want to know how get money off of them for their crimes against humanity, more specifically my credit file.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re not going to find any. Banks and collection agencies receive thousands of these ITS letters every year. They don’t mean anything. 

Message 19 of 20
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Why don’t you talk to an attorney about your particular situation. Maybe you will like their answers better.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.