cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay (intentional?) in reporting credit score changes?

tag
mmark4848
Established Member

Delay (intentional?) in reporting credit score changes?

I've been on the fence about cancelling my 3B subscription and almost make the call each month just before payment is due. However, I usually hold on because I have pending action that month and want to see how it will affect my scores. For the past two months, however, I've notice that changes to my FICO score show up on my Chase account a week or more before appearing on MyFICO. I can't help but wonder whether updates are intentionally delayed so that subscribers hang on for another month at $30.00. The information is clearly available long before MF posts it. 

1/12/16 EQ535 TU493 EX583
Current EQ711 TU704 EX696
Chase Sapphire Preferred- $12,000; Chase Freedom Unlimited - $5,000; Chase Slate - $12,000; AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $3,000; Citi Double Cash - $3,600; CapOne Quicksilver - $3,200; BofA Cash Rewards - $15,000; BofA Platinum - $10,000; J. Crew - $8,500

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Delay (intentional?) in reporting credit score changes?

Always understand the tools you're using versus assuming things like that.  This is a very common topic:  myFICO is a trigger based service.  Not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.  If you want updates with fixed intervals then myFICO is the wrong tool for the job.

See also:

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

MyFico is known to update slowly at times compared to other services for whatever the reason may be. YMMV though

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
Zar
Regular Contributor

Actually, mmark4848 is right. I have seen and continue seeing a lot of delay on this service. Sometimes big things that should trigger an immediate and big score change don't appear until 1 week later and by that time I already saw them days earlier on my reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.