cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delinquency

tag
Melisaw24

Delinquency

I just checked my credit report and I found out that 2 serious delinquency are listed from March and Nov 2007. I lost my job in 2007 and I was behind 60 days in my auto payment and unpaid $30 from express store. The loan for my auto is paid off, but I believe it has been affecting my score all along. My question is , how long more would the negative report stays in my report , and would it make a big difference in my credit score once it is taken off ?

Starting Score: 589EQ 567EX 601TU
4/2017
Current Score:
666EQ 624EX 684TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Delinquency

Delinquencies of less than 90 days are minor delinquencies, and lose most of their scoting impact after approx 2 years.

Any monthly delinquency must be excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years from its individual date of occurence.

Message 2 of 4
Melisaw24

Thanks a lot, I feel a little better.

Starting Score: 589EQ 567EX 601TU
4/2017
Current Score:
666EQ 624EX 684TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 3 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

And if these two are the only derogatory information on your report then you will probably see a score bump when the last one comes off. I know that when my last late pay dropped I saw a rise of 20-30 points with a clean report. A lot of it has to do with other factors including age of accounts and utilization of course. I can't recall if there were other improvements that may have added to it.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.