cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliver Me From Bad Credit..... C'mon Give Me HOPE.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deliver Me From Bad Credit..... C'mon Give Me HOPE.

My credit score is a big NADA for TU, 480 from EX, and 509 from EF. I had great credit up to 2003, which was a catastropic year.I changed jobs, opted not to take COBRA ins, and during the lag time, my daughter had to have emergency brain surgery and subsequent neurosurgery 6 weeks later. I have not incurred other than during this time a single deliquent/derogatory mark on my credit. Ironically, all my good credit has since rolled off. The medical collections keep reselling and therefore reaging............ will it ever end? I have always taken paying my bills very seriously. I live within a tight budget. I made necessary downsizing to accomodate my newfound ongoing medical expenses (nurses,therapists,etc). I sold my house and rented a house for half my mortgage. I voluntarily returned my vehicle and purchased a "cash car" to free up funds I would have used on the payment and full coverage insurance and dropped to liability. I felt I was doing my best. I paid off the small medical and now they list as paid collections.... almost feels like a waste to have paid them. I have large medical only. But I pulled my credit and they show date opened as 07 and 08 on some...... I cried honestly. I will never own anything again at this rate. I work so hard, when my vehicle died two years ago, I saved and bought another cash. I have no reserve cushion.Now with the economy, unless I really figure out how to get ahead of the CA game, I will be too old to pay off a home before my retirement years..........looking for advice on what to do....
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deliver Me From Bad Credit..... C'mon Give Me HOPE.

I moved this over to the Recovering from Medical Debt board and realized you already posted about the med collections over there.

On your score.....are those FICO scores? Where did you get them?

There is hope and you will see the light at the end soon.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one's I listed are my Transunion Truecredit scores. My fico scores are Transunion Nada, Equifax 536, and Experian 608. It's hard to envision light at the end of the tunnel when the it keeps getting longer with each reaging. The scores do not accurately reflect my creditworthiness in anyway. Prior to this, I have been a homeowner for almost 15 years, without late payments. I had purchased multiple cars with no late payments. Good credit finds a way to dissappear on you when you need it most. I had credit cards that (I admit to have made the wrong choice in closing) but at least, I paid them to zero and closed them the correct way. I cannot obtain credit because I have no open lines any longer. It's remarkable that 15 years of 750+ credit meant nothing after the medical incurred in 2003. I want to own a home again, rather than give away equity opportunity each month. I decided there has to be some options out there to climb my way out of this. The remaining medical are all large, Ie 24960, 13823, etc. so it really isn't something I am able to pay out of. I paid off the small ones already. Periodically a new small one will show up out of the blue, and I contact and make arrangements and pay it. I don't know. Just hoping someone has traveled my same road on here and knows how to navigate passed it. Thanks..... LD

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm no expert but since you said you closed your cc accounts, you might want to try getting a new card.  I know FICO scores are based on many things, one of which being the different kinds of credit you manage.  I was able to get a Capital 1 card over a year ago when my credit was horrible.  There is an annual fee of about $80 but it's 0 interest and I got a CLI after 3 months.  Good for rebuilding and showing management of active credit.  

My two credit cards and high interest car loan (because when I applied I too had no credit score) with never a late payment helped me to get my scores up.  Now working on PFD's and inaccuracies  so hopefully it will get better.  Just keep reading these posts and you're bound to get your problems solved.

Another suggestion I read is to invest in a secured cc thru a credit union.  After having it awhile (I read it takes about a year), you may get a larger CLI and unsecured. 

Also, after reading posts on the medical board, I learned a CA is not allowed to post 0 balances on a medical collection since they no longer have "business" with your medical info (or something to that effect Smiley Happy)

Good Luck with everything.

BTW, you only need a 620 FICO to get FHA home loan. 

Message Edited by coltensmom06 on 04-03-2009 11:32 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closed, positive accounts remain for 10 years from closed date. None of your positive accounts are showing? It doesn't appear that it has been 10 years yet.

Where did you get your FICO scores? Only scores gotten right here on this website, and two other websites, are FICO scores and consumers do not have access to their EX FICO score any longer.

What is the DOFD on the two large medical you can't pay? DOFD should be the same as date of service and they will only remain for 7 - 7 1/2 years from this date.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My DOFD is between 5/2003 and 11/2003 on all of the medical bills. Unfortunately when you look at my CR it shows date opened between 07 and 08 and all of them due to selling to other CA's it doesn't list any dofd's of 03 anywhere on my report and most ca's update last activity to within the last quarter.

I received my credit scores on TU in the last week, and updated my scores on here this week. No, I have one  vehicle showing paid with zero late, but all of my other accounts just seemed to drop off like they stopped reporting them. My first home was countryside my second was washington mutual neither are listed. I didn't lose either property sold them with no late pays. I have over the last twenty years bought numerous vehicles, none are listed any longer. They were for some time, but they have rolled off in the last 5 years or so slowly, can I have them re-added? I heard that I could ask to have some non-reporting credit added, ie, I bought a car through a smaller lot that I paid off, and it did not report, they only pulled. I have rented from the same individual for the last 6 years without a single late pay. It shows my ethics on timely pay. The medical bills that look new which I have patiently waited for are a poor reflection of who I truly am and a disservice to what the reasoning for what credit reports were created. They all list as medical collections. I applied for Capital One and was turned down. I recieved a secured card through my bank. Working on getting nowhere seems more like it. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

LostDreams wrote:

My DOFD is between 5/2003 and 11/2003 on all of the medical bills. Unfortunately when you look at my CR it shows date opened between 07 and 08 and all of them due to selling to other CA's it doesn't list any dofd's of 03 anywhere on my report and most ca's update last activity to within the last quarter.

The CA will list the date open as the date they get the account. Date open or DOLA doesn't affect drop off dates. DOFD will be listed on your EQ report that comes directly from EQ. TU and EX should show a removal date.

I received my credit scores on TU in the last week, and updated my scores on here this week. No, I have one  vehicle showing paid with zero late, but all of my other accounts just seemed to drop off like they stopped reporting them. My first home was countryside my second was washington mutual neither are listed. I didn't lose either property sold them with no late pays. I have over the last twenty years bought numerous vehicles, none are listed any longer. They were for some time, but they have rolled off in the last 5 years or so slowly, can I have them re-added? I heard that I could ask to have some non-reporting credit added, ie, I bought a car through a smaller lot that I paid off, and it did not report, they only pulled. I have rented from the same individual for the last 6 years without a single late pay. It shows my ethics on timely pay. The medical bills that look new which I have patiently waited for are a poor reflection of who I truly am and a disservice to what the reasoning for what credit reports were created. They all list as medical collections. I applied for Capital One and was turned down. I recieved a secured card through my bank. Working on getting nowhere seems more like it. 

It is hard to get accounts reported from creditors who don't normally report. They have to be set up to report and won't likely set up just to report one's account.

As for accounts that have fallen off, I don't think you can get those reported again.

It sounds that everything should be falling off in 2010. Seems like forever, but will be here before you know it.

That is, unless worst case scenario, and you get judgments for those medical liens. Check your state statutes to determine your SOL on medical accounts to see if you are beyond the point of being sued.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.