Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Citi Sears Card for 'too many late payments'

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied by Citi Sears Card for 'too many late payments'

Hello, I've been reading the forum for a while now and finally have my own question.

I have had a Wachovia student "classic" credit card for about two months now.  This past month I applied for a Sears store card.  I was denied, and they said because I had too many late payments.  So, I went to transunion and looked at my report, and checked for each account I have ever had - this Wachovia CC and an account with Kay Jeweler for a few months. Both said I was "OK" for every month the account was open / no late payments.

However, at the bottom where it gives you suggestions to increase your score, it said to make payments on time / that there were too man (the same thing Sears denied me for).  So I went back and reread the account details, still not finding any trace of a late payment.  So, I called both Kay Jeweler and Wachovia to determine where the late payment was, and even they said they have no record of any such late payment.

Where is this coming from?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied by Citi Sears Card for 'too many late payments'

What else is on your reports? Do you have any late utilities? Old closed cards with lates?

It's got to be coming from somewhere on there.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forums!!Smiley Happy

Did sears tell you which CRA they pulled??

Did you look @ all three EX, EQ & TU?

They may have pulled your cr from one of the other cra like nexis lexis.

sometimes i hear it called the four cra.

Good luck Smiley Wink  let us know what you find.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 8
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

INNOVIS is another some sort of credit reporting agency.

My car ins just went up, over some odd name credit reporting agency.

In the process, of trying to find out what they have on me.

Its enough to deal with the big three CRA.that report wrong info,now i have another one to deal with

good luckSmiley Happy  just hang in there ---knock one down @ a time.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Since you were denied credit you should be able to get the credit report from Sears. Or ask Sears which credit bureau the report was pulled from

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, nothing else is on the report except, not enough credit history.  I don't have / have never had any other credit cards, I do have cable TV in my name, but that billing is automated.  Perhaps I will call Time Warner and see if I have a late payment with them?  Would something like that count toward my credit report?
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, do you have any charge-offs or collection agencies reporting?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, nothing at all like that.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.