Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derog VS Closed/Paid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Derog VS Closed/Paid

I have a couple of older items on my CRs. On TU and EQ, the account condition is reported as "Closed/Paid" with a $0 balance. On EX, they are noted "Derogatory" with the same $0 balance. And my EX score is by far my lowest. DO I need to take action on this? Is there a difference between "Closed/Paid" and "Derogatory"?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Derog VS Closed/Paid

was the account CO?
Message 2 of 10
Cory
Established Contributor

TexMontana wrote:
I have a couple of older items on my CRs. On TU and EQ, the account condition is reported as "Closed/Paid" with a $0 balance. On EX, they are noted "Derogatory" with the same $0 balance. And my EX score is by far my lowest. DO I need to take action on this? Is there a difference between "Closed/Paid" and "Derogatory"?

BUMP

Will someone answer this questions please, as I would like to know also.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes there is a difference.
I would contact the CO and ask them to update the status.
If they refuse- refute the "status"

TexMontana wrote:

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

have another question...On a paid mortgage...if one CRA is reporting on the condition line-closed and one is reporting transferd and the last is reporting closed(paid) and the loan was really closed(paid) could this affect my scores?

And does a 30 day late on a closed mortgage acct. in oct/03 have any current impact on ones CR's?

sorry for all the questions tonight...just really been looking at all three CR's more careful and there are alot of minor diff.
Message 5 of 10
Boswd
Valued Contributor

TexMontana wrote:

More info is needed.  Was it closed by you or by the creditor?   Was it a charge off?  A collection?

Help us to help youSmiley Very Happy
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The accounts were paid-in-full collections.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they were CA's
Try a GW letter

Paid CA's are no better for your score than unpaid CA's.
Message 8 of 10
Boswd
Valued Contributor

technically any collection is going to be regarded as a derog.    You can dispute is as paid, to get the paid next to it though, but even a paid collection isn't going to change the derog status of the account.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks~
I did send GW letters earlier this week. Two collections, each under $100. We'll keep our fingers crossed that the GW gods look favorably upon me!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.