Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone see if Apple card reported to credit bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone see if Apple card reported to credit bureaus

Hi everybody just wondering a lot of people applied for apple card and i was wondering did it reported to anyone credit bureau?
Message 1 of 171
170 REPLIES 170
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did anyone see if Apple card reported to credit bureaus

I messaged Apple about it and their response was “I do not have information on the frequency with which information is provided to the credit bureaus.” I asked if they could confirm whether my account would be reported and I was directed to the T&C’s. Soooo, I guess we’ll see on the 1st when the statements are generated.
Message 2 of 171
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Goldman Sachs reports the new account to TransUnion with an HP a few hours after acceptance. Considering that the Apple Card is new nobody has had the luxury of it properly being reported as an account yet since they are not Synchrony Bank. I recommend waiting for a statement to be issued first before looking on if it will show up. The only guarantee is that if you fail to pay on time the the late and collection will definitely show up since Goldman Sach's wants to be repaid.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 171
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know the new account is reported with the HP? That would be unique.
Message 4 of 171
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Apple Card Report to the 3 Credit Bureaus

I currently don't have any credit cards and I paid off my last student loan several years ago. I am currently looking for an apartment and found out I don't have a Fico score because of no account activity in the past 6 months or more. Though I prefer to only pay cash/debit, I am thinking of getting the Apple Card just to improve my credit score. Does anyone know if they report to the 3 major credit bureaus? My understanding is that some cards do not report to the credit bureaus, and if that is the case it doesn't do me any good for improving my credit.

Message 5 of 171
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Synchrony and Barclays report new accounts almost as soon as they're opened. I don't recall any evidence of any Apple Cards reporting as of yet.

What's unique about the Apple Card is that the hard pull doesn't happen until after the offer to open the account is accepted. It looks like Goldman Sachs may run those pulls in batches every few hours.

Message 6 of 171
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Apple Card Report to the 3 Credit Bureaus

It would be best to get a bank card either MC/Visa. Apple Card is like a store card. Without knowing your past. Try the pre-quals for Cap1 for the Plat or QS if it shows up. No QS1. Or even Discover. Whoever you bank with may have offers for you. But its best to start with a bank that reports to all three. If you could list any credit products from the past. Any baddies. Then we can lead you in the right direction. Especially if you have a thin file. FICO doesnt care about the name on the card. They just want to see credit cards and 1 installment loan. Which you could look into that too since you paid off your student loans. Unless you have car payments. Need more info basically.

Message 7 of 171
Anonymous
Not applicable

No baddies on the credit report or other loans, just the student loans which were paid off a couple years ago. If I don't have the cash for something, then I don't get it. It has worked fine until now and honestly wouldn't care except I would like to buy a house sometime in the future. Renting sucks. The reason I was curious about the Apple Card is because they do a soft hit to credit to determine if you are approved and what your limit and interest would be, then they only hard hit after accepting. With most cards I would have to take the hard hit and potentially get denied.

Message 8 of 171
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

I would think it would report to all three CR Bureaus. It is a major card from a major bank.

Message 9 of 171
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

It would be best to get a bank card either MC/Visa. Apple Card is like a store card.

The Apple card is a MasterCard issued by Goldman Sachs.

Message 10 of 171
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.