Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone see if Apple card reported to credit bureaus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Apple Card Report to the 3 Credit Bureaus

Yeah, I assumed they would report to all 3, but thought I would try to get confirmation before pulling the trigger and accepting the card. It wouldn't hurt anything to take the card if they didn't report, it just would defeat the purpose of me getting a card to improve credit.

Message 11 of 171
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I assumed they would report to all 3, but thought I would try to get confirmation before pulling the trigger and accepting the card. It wouldn't hurt anything to take the card if they didn't report, it just would defeat the purpose of me getting a card to improve credit.

The card is literally brand-new, so it's going to be hard to find the data point you're looking for.

Message 12 of 171
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I figured, but I thought it might be documented somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it. If the only way to know is wait until someone can verify first hand, then its not a big deal. I can just apply for something else or take a chance and find out for myself.

Message 13 of 171
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

It would be best to get a bank card either MC/Visa. Apple Card is like a store card. Without knowing your past. Try the pre-quals for Cap1 for the Plat or QS if it shows up. No QS1. Or even Discover. Whoever you bank with may have offers for you. But its best to start with a bank that reports to all three. If you could list any credit products from the past. Any baddies. Then we can lead you in the right direction. Especially if you have a thin file. FICO doesnt care about the name on the card. They just want to see credit cards and 1 installment loan. Which you could look into that too since you paid off your student loans. Unless you have car payments. Need more info basically.

Apple Card is a MasterCard. I would say the Apple card is less predatory than anything one would find from a commercial bank. 

Message 14 of 171
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I dont have Apple products and didnt know. I read the message from @gdale6 its a MC above. Thank You.

PS. I asked the Mods to move it here so the OP could get better results here rather than in the rebuild section. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 171
jbestman007
Contributor

Apple card is not just a MasterCard. It is a World Elite MasterCard. 

Message 16 of 171
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

With this card just rolling off the presses, it is anyones guess as to what is going to happen.

Will this report to all 3, I would think yes?

Will they grant CLIs at the 3 month mark, 6 month mark, will there be a luv button, will it be automatic?

All these questions will be answered in due time peeps, relax and enjoy the ride.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 171
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Welcome, @Anonymous. Smiley Happy

We don't know what Goldman Sachs is going to do. But most cards report the statement balance on or soon after the statement date. Apple Card's due date and closing date are the last day of the month. Given that, you might see information about the card reporting in a few days.

Message 18 of 171
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jbestman007 wrote:

Apple card is not just a MasterCard. It is a World Elite MasterCard. 

Which, unfortunately, is usually pretty similar to "just a Mastercard".   Might be different with Apple.

Message 19 of 171
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the exception of employees who got to beta test the card a few months ago, no one from the invite only and wide release, has had their card report yet. Everyone will know in week when the card starts to report after the 8/31 close. GS Marcus loans report to all three. 

Message 20 of 171
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.