cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't expect this - derog dropped sooner than scheduled?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't expect this - derog dropped sooner than scheduled?

Hello
The last activity was May 2014 and I was resigned to just let it age out.
Got notifications from CreditWise that my score jumped (all the way to 765 as a matter of fact - I wish!!) but ignored it.

Logged into Experian and lo and behold, it's no longer there! And so FICO8 has me go up from 685 to 720!!!

Any rhyme or reason for it? It was for < $400 on a utility bill.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Re: Didn't expect this - derog dropped sooner than scheduled?

What was the date of first delinquency?

What date, based on your full "annual credit report" was listed as the date it would be removed?

Is it still on EQ and TU?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll see if I can pull up my report. And no, I have not checked the other agencies.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of First Delinquency was July 1, 2013.
Message 4 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There are two different reasons why a derog or account can be removed from your credit report.

First is that it has become excluded by the CRA to which is has been reported.  The CRAs exclude from credit reports they issue based on the credit report exclusion period/date for the type or derog under FCRA 605(a), but the info remains in your file.

Second is that the furnisher (creditor or debt collector) has, for some reason, decided to report deletion of the derogs, account, or collection that they have reported to the CRA.  Reasons could include simplification of their records, removal of any need to monitor for updates or corretions, eliminating the need to process any disputes of accuracy or previously reported information, etc.

Deletion removes the info, account or collection from your file.

If removal occurs substantially prior to the normal credit report exclusion date, then it is likely that the furnisher has chosen to report deletion to the CRA, and that the removal may not have occured by exclusion by the CRA.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the detailed response.

I looked at TU and EX reports I saved from back in 2018 and they show that it will be on there till 6/2020. I may just go on and pull fresh ones.
Message 6 of 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for the detailed response.

I looked at TU and EX reports I saved from back in 2018 and they show that it will be on there till 6/2020. I may just go on and pull fresh ones.

06/2020 makes perfect sense.  I wonder of the creditor pulled it?

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were pulled then TU and EQ should eventually show an increase, right? Currently it's still my old score.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.