Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference in scores

Would 3 inquiries cause a 20 point difference in score my TU has 0 EQ has 2 and EX has 5
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Difference in scores

Possibly.

You also cannot attribute the difference in scores between CRAs only to the differences in information reported to each.

There may also differences in the licensed algorithms.

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree. It is very possible. It is said that each inquiry can cost between 3 to 7 points on average.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

As stated above, it's possible.  You'd need to carefully compare your reports to confirm that the only differences among the CRA's is the inquiries and you also need to confirm that the scores you're referring to are all the same scoring model.  However, as pointed out above, even if report data and model are the same there can still be differences in scoring.  20 points isn't much of a difference.  It's about the minimum threshold of what I'd recommend looking at.  However, you're better off focusing on report data versus just obsessing over numbers.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.