Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Equifax FICO Scores : Lender vs MyFico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Different Equifax FICO Scores : Lender vs MyFico

The transferability of points is my biggest concern with the Altitude Reserve; I have to do more research on it.

@Shadowfactor wrote:
The Altitude really is a good card for me.

The mobile pay 3X is awesome with a Samsung phone. I can almost literally use it everywhere. The only time that it hasn’t worked was at some small store that I don’t shop at frequently.

In just 6 months I’ve accumulated over 100K in points for just normal spend. Things no other card would have given me extra points for. Insurance, car repairs etc.
Plus I have other credit cards I use as well. So it didn’t even get all my spend.

While the points don’t have transfer options. This card is entirely more valueable to me then a CSR would be. I do spend a lot of dining which is why I have the CSP but there’s some many more opportunities to get 3X points with the AR over CSR.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

SHADOW FACTOR - THANK YOU!! 

I did exactly as you instructed. You were right! The score for the Equifax Mortgage calulator was EXACTLY the score the CSR told me I had, which matches exactly to the scoring model you cited in your reply. I am the first to admit when I am wrong but I do have to be given proof beyond "hey maybe you heard wrong". LBVS. Thank you and thank you again. At least I now know for sure that there are different models at play and that they used the mortgage model. Perhaps my 711 generic score is good somewhere but not with US Bank. 

Equ Fico 8 711

Equ Fico 5 640

• 711FICO® Score 8Most widely used versionScore Range: 300–850Credit Rating: Good
COMMONLY USED IN MORTGAGE LENDING
  • 640FICO® Score 5Older version, most widely used for mortgage lendingScore Range: 300–850Credit Rating: Fair
    • 711FICO® Score 8Most widely used versionScore Range: 300–850Credit Rating: Good
    COMMONLY USED IN MORTGAGE LENDING
    • 640FICO® Score 5Older version, most widely used for mortgage lendingScore Range: 300–850Credit Rating: Fair

While the denial by U.S. Bank isn't what you wanted, I'm glad you've clarified how the scores they used were obtained.

Message 32 of 35
grower1
Frequent Contributor

I can see my additional scores by doing the following:

1. Log Into MyFico (Which should bring you to the 'Dashboard Tab')

2. Immediately below the 3 Fico 8 scores there is a hyperlink called 'View additional Fico Score Versions used in mortgage, auto and bankcard decisions.

3. Click the link to view additional scores, which will bring you to a page called Fico Score Versions.

4. All scores are listed on the left side of the page. (I count 9 for Equifax).

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreSistah2

At this point we should discuss your next steps.  I realize that early in this thread you said "I can live without the loan" but considering that you went through the expense of purchasing your 3-Bureau reports from MyFICO, and had your Experian credit scores pulled, I suggest that you call U.S. Bank and request reconsideration aka "recon" of their initial decision.

The number to call is Underwriting Services at 800-947-1444 during business hours.  Use the prompts to speak directly with a customer service agent and tell them you would like a reconsideration of a recent loan application.  They are very friendly but they will ask you specific questions about your credit history and the amount you want to borrow so be prepared to answer (remember though that they want your business and aren't looking for reasons to deny you).  You will not get an instant answer from the person you speak with; they will place your application back into the queue for review by a fresh pair of eyes and you'll get an answer in 2-3 business days.

Given the fact that you've banked with them for over 15 years, and they are very much a "relationship" bank , the odds of approval after recon are very much in your favor. The credit pull they made is valid for 30 days so you might even be able to persuade them to use it to approve a credit card if not the loan.

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks. Will do today and post results as I receive them.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.