cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differing last payment/report date across bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Differing last payment/report date across bureaus?

Not that this is a huge deal, but can someone please explain this inconsistency for me.  Using just 1 account as an example, on this particular account 1 bureau shows that my last payment was on 4/1/16 and the information was last updated on 5/6/16.  On another bureau it says my last payment was on 4/4/16 and the information was last updated on 4/25/16.  I would think both the payment dates and reported dates would match, but what do I know.  Why would this information be inconsistent across bureaus?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Differing last payment/report date across bureaus?

It  is possible that they failed to check for any payment updates as of the date reported.

Just because they reported to a CRA on a given date does not assure that they updated their records up to and including thst date, and thus later reporting could reflect outdated info.

Unless it is more than a month off, I would chalk it up to business/administrative processing disconnect, and ignore it.

Message 2 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree with the above. I know on my, there are lenders that report in the middle of the month, beginning, or end, but all of those same ones will show a date of the 1st of the month regardless.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The account balance is the same across the bureaus, just not the date reported.  I just don't understand why up to 2 weeks of time would go between the date reported on one bureau verses another.  I mean, if they are reporting to the "bureaus" wouldn't it be to all (that they report to) at the same time?  Or, are you saying that they are reporting at the same time, but the bureaus are simply putting down the "date last reported" incorrectly?

Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The latter.  It really doesn't matter as far as how creditors and scoring models assess your reports.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the date doesn't matter, but the information certainly does.  I guess what I'm getting at is if the report is saying it was last updated on X date, but you know it was really reported 2 weeks prior to X date, will the report even though it has the incorrect reporting date still show the correct (updated) information.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saw on my CK update yesterday that my Equifax report reflects my new, lower utilization (5% overall) but TransUnion is still showing my old utilization (34%).  Only one account changed; when looking at the Equifax report the account shows that it was updated on 5/13, but under TransUnion it shows it updated 4/16 so it isn't accounting for the massive payment I made this month yet.  I hope it updates in the next couple of days and it doesn't take another month.  Again, though, I would assume when the creditor (Synchrony in this case) reported on the 13th to Equifax that they also reported to the other bureaus as well... but for whatever reason TU didn't update.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.