Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disco off-cycle reporting upon request

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco off-cycle reporting upon request

Just a news flash for those who may not have been aware, I saw someone mention that Discover will report your balances upon request in another thread on here.

I paid off a very significant chunk of my Disco balance a week ago, but my due date is still 10 days out, meaning reporting date is 15-17 days away. With two AmEx cards set to report zero balances in a couple days after big paydowns of their own, I wanted to combine these results to maximize the effect at one time and not wait two more weeks for Disco to report.

I called customer service and was on for a grand total of two minutes including holding for the CSR. She did it immediately, and said that within the next two days my new balance would be reflected in my reports. So yes, Discover will absolutely do an off-cycle report at your request, easily and quickly, simply by calling. And yes, once again Disco proves they’re near or at the top of customer service in the credit world, which will surprise approximately no one who has dealt with them.

Anyway, that’s all, I just wanted to put it out there for anyone in my position now or in the future.
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Disco off-cycle reporting upon request

fyi, you can send them secure message, no wait time. Same end result in the same time period.  

I've had Disco report off cycle many times while I still had anxiety over balances reporting. 

Message 2 of 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Cool....that ought to help, good luck!  You should have asked her to kindly chunk a few extra G's on there Smiley Tongue

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remedies, good to know. I’m at lunch right now and calling was just as easy so I just went that route.

LauraChrissy, I’m hoping that last week’s payoffs and paydowns across the board will spur them toward a CLI on their own, but I will call in and try to talk to someone if it doesn’t work. I’d like to see this one go up. Plus if it does, we’ll have another datapoint from which to draw zero useful conclusions, and which proves Disco CLI logic is as predictable as a bipolar 5-year-old on a sugar binge...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disco is awesome. I sent them a secure message last month asking for an off-cycle report and they knew what I was talking about and submitted it immediately. They’re extra awesome. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

yep, yep....funstuff!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.