cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CreditScorecard shows more accounts than I have?

tag
mumbogray
New Contributor

Discover CreditScorecard shows more accounts than I have?

On Discover's CreditScorecard, they report a wrong number of accounts I have.  On Ex, my report correctly shows 4 open revolving accounts, 2 loans, and 1 closed account (TU and EQ also show 7 total accounts.).  On Discover's portal (they pull EX FICO 8), my AAoA, Uti, and score are all the same as Ex.  But they say I have 12 total accounts, 10 revolving accounts and 2 loans. 

I'm not sure how to address this.  I don't think its fraud, I would have gotten alerts.. and the reports were within a few days of each other.  I think somehow Discover's portal is just showing wrong information.  They say if any info is wrong, report it to EX.. but EX doesnt have the wrong info!  I can send a SM via my credit card account, but the login portals are different parts of Discover, so idk if it would do any good.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover CreditScorecard shows more accounts than I have?

@mumbogray wrote:

On Discover's CreditScorecard, they report a wrong number of accounts I have.  On Ex, my report correctly shows 4 open revolving accounts, 2 loans, and 1 closed account (TU and EQ also show 7 total accounts.).  On Discover's portal (they pull EX FICO 8), my AAoA, Uti, and score are all the same as Ex.  But they say I have 12 total accounts, 10 revolving accounts and 2 loans. 

I'm not sure how to address this.  I don't think its fraud, I would have gotten alerts.. and the reports were within a few days of each other.  I think somehow Discover's portal is just showing wrong information.  They say if any info is wrong, report it to EX.. but EX doesnt have the wrong info!  I can send a SM via my credit card account, but the login portals are different parts of Discover, so idk if it would do any good.

Mine too has the wrong number of accounts. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure it's just some glitch with Discover's site.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

Mine also shows in incorrect number of accounts - 18 instead of the nine I actually do have. I am also sure that it is just a glitch and will be taking care of the next time scores update. I have checked my other reports and the all report the correct amount. Clearly the problem is on Discovers end.
Message 3 of 6
calyx
Super Contributor

Same here - mine is double on Disco's scorecard.  Since everything else matches up (including the FICO score), I don't sweat it.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 6
mumbogray
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies everyone!  Glad to hear I'm not the only one, and its just a Discover issue Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
ZackAttack
Established Contributor

@mumbogray wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone!  Glad to hear I'm not the only one, and its just a Discover issue Smiley Happy

Yeah discover issue. I am missing 1 account from their scorecard but the 3 bureaus have all the same info.

MSGCU Rewards | $8kDiscover Cash It | $10kAmex BCP | $15kBest Buy Visa | $20kChase Freedom Flex | $8kDCU Platinum | $8kNFCU Plat | $35kNFCU cashRewards | $24kAffinity FCU Cash Rewards | $7kAmazon Prime | 12.5kChase Unlimited | 16.4kUSAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex | 10kAmex Business Cash | 10k

Loans
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/22/2023 ($299/month)
Closed
Michigan Schools & Gov't CU Titanium 1/4/2019 - 10/2/2020
Ford Credit Car Loan 3-year 7/31/2018-6/6/2021
$1,500 Discover Card 10/2/2020 - 8/18/2021
$3,500 Citi DC 10/14/2020 - 12/11/2021
$8,000 DCU Personal Loan 5-year 5.99% 10/2/2020 - 4/30/2021
$8,000 NFCU CashRewards 1/2/2021 - 7/30/2022
$5,000 MSGCU Personal Loan 3-year 7.75% 4/22/2022 - 10/30/2022
Ford Credit Car Loan 2-year 6/7/2021 - 6/22/2023
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.