Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Creditscorecard

tag
SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

Discover Creditscorecard

I get what ever version of the fico score they offer from the following credit cards:

TU>barclay/bofa/discover
EQ>citi
EX>chase

I utilize credit karma to actually view my report from TU/EQ (weekly). I utilize experian.com free service to view my report from EX (monthly). Would there be anything to gain utilizing creditscorecard.com? The fine print says it pulls data from EX, will it just take me to the EX site where I already have an account? Will I be able to pull more frequently?

upgrade
9/2022
$30000
nfcu
8/2020
$20000
nfcu
12/2018
$30000
bofa
8/2016
$30000
citi
3/2016
$21000
discover
5/2014
$20000
chase
10/2007
$8900
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Creditscorecard

I also utilize experian.com and also have a Discover card, so I get the scorecard.

The scorecard comes monthly just before the next statement hits. It only comes once a month. I've never tried to pull a score in between
Message 2 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

It doesn't take you to experian (but the score is FICO08). It updates once a month.
The benefit would be to sign up ~2 weeks after you get your score from experian so you can get your EX score twice a month instead of once
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SlideOrInsert wrote:

I get what ever version of the fico score they offer from the following credit cards:

TU>barclay/bofa/discover
EQ>citi
EX>chase

I utilize credit karma to actually view my report from TU/EQ (weekly). I utilize experian.com free service to view my report from EX (monthly). Would there be anything to gain utilizing creditscorecard.com? The fine print says it pulls data from EX, will it just take me to the EX site where I already have an account? Will I be able to pull more frequently?

What Chase card do you have?  The only Chase card that supplies users with a FICO score is the Chase Slate.

I think creditscorecard.com (with Discover) is fine, but an even better choice in my opinion is creditscore.com, which gives you a full Experian report each month, in addition to the FICO 8 score. 

Some people opt for all three free Experian-based services (Experian CreditWorks, Creditscore.com, Creditscorecard.com) and just stagger them 10 days apart.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I also utilize experian.com and also have a Discover card, so I get the scorecard.

The scorecard comes monthly just before the next statement hits. It only comes once a month. I've never tried to pull a score in between

The FICO score that you get with your Discover card is based on TU data.  Our OP is asking about the Discover Scorecard, which does not need a credit card with Discover and is based on EX data.

Message 5 of 9
SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

slate would be correct.  that is good to know, I was considering PC to the Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature.  guess now I will not.

forgot to mention, I only utilize free options.  so yes I will stagger creditscorecard.com from experian.com

upgrade
9/2022
$30000
nfcu
8/2020
$20000
nfcu
12/2018
$30000
bofa
8/2016
$30000
citi
3/2016
$21000
discover
5/2014
$20000
chase
10/2007
$8900
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like you I only use free options.  SouthJ here has described my cheapskatery as legendary.

Since there are three free sources for the FICO 8 EX score, you might want to consider PC-ing to the Freedom.  I did a PC from the Slate to the Freedom and haven't missed it.  And at some point you will likely get an Amex card, which will be a fourth free source of the EX FICO 8.

Message 7 of 9
SlideOrInsert
Regular Contributor

I barely even use slate because of chase's cheapskatery. in eleven years they have never given me an increase. when I inquired about an apr reduction, they said there was nothing to be done. meanwhile, bofa, citi, discover, nfcu have all given me 4-5x my slate CL.

I am going to PC my citi simplicity to a double cash next month anyway, so that will be my daily.

upgrade
9/2022
$30000
nfcu
8/2020
$20000
nfcu
12/2018
$30000
bofa
8/2016
$30000
citi
3/2016
$21000
discover
5/2014
$20000
chase
10/2007
$8900
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like the Freedom.  5% on gas one quarter and 5% on groceries on another is nice, since most people buy gas and everyone buys groceries.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.