Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Fico 8 an MF score different

tag
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Discover Fico 8 an MF score different

Discover says that they give you a FICO 8 score with your account but yet MF which I just refereshed the report 4 days ago show a lower score by 11 points, both reports based on the date that is given are within 3 days of one another- someones not right.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Fico 8 an MF score different

The date of the score may not reflect the date they pulled your reports.  Discover appears to post a score that is based on a slightly older report.

What's changed in the past month for you?  Higher utilization?  More inquires from an app spree?

Message 2 of 6
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Higher utilization from a month ago when I lent my brother in law $4200 from my line of credit checks from NFCU to pay off high interest rate loan.  I don't care about the score at all, was curious why 2 companies are showing two different scores as I was thinking the DISCO score was a FAKO but does say FICO 8.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chances are they pulled a report that was just slightly older but enough to show a difference.  I'm not sure when my Discover TU is pulled but it does correlated with slightly older scores from MyFico by a few weeks.  

I'll know in a few days when my new score posts to see how old it was since I have a bunch of MyFico alerts updating TU as it grew from 580 to 610 in the past 30 days here.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover offers two different FICO 8 scores.  One is drawn on TU data and is given to people with Discover credit cards.  The other is drawn on EX data and is given to people who have signed up for a free service they offer called Credit Score Card:

https://www.creditscorecard.com/

So to start with, it's important that you are comparing the right bureau at MF with the right bureau at Discover.

If you still see a difference, then it is a result of something changing on your report within those four days.  It's possible for a report to change within four hours, so four days is certainly possible.

Message 5 of 6
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Definitely comparing their FICO8 scores from TU as they show 670 when my score is showing 659 on MF which is what's in my siggy.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.