Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT FICO starting Nov 19

tag
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover IT FICO starting Nov 19

If this is true, I hope it's a FICO 04 Classic and not an 08 Classic or Bankcard so I won't have to open up another card (DCU) to get it.

IMO, which CRA it is isn't as important but will most likely be TU.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 21 of 85
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Can't say for sure it's true, but the local news reported last night that FICO is allowing banks to provide free scores to customers.  The first two mentioned were Barclays and First Nat'l Bank of Omaha.  Perhaps, Discover is the next in line.

wouldnt that be something, but its profit potential, so i doubt they would

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 22 of 85
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@PokemonMaster wrote:

Seems to coincide with this bit of news. Very exciting if Discover does decide to do this.

And this: Barlcays and FNBO were the first to sign up to provide scores. Barclays seems to be TU08 (same as Walmart Fico)

http://www.bankrate.com/financing/credit-cards/free-fico-scores-for-some/

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 23 of 85
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@fatalflaw wrote:

At the bottom of the Discover website there is a link titled "Credit Score Tracker" when you click on the link it brings you to a screen with a message that says that they are not currently accepting new enrollments for credit score tracker. This would make me think that they are going to start providing scores soon

That Credit Score Tracker  link has been there (and has been "dead") since I got my Discover IT in Feb of this year.

For anyone who has had the Discover IT for a while: has Discover ever provided a credit score before?

The old Credit Score Tracker was a paid service in conjunction with (I believe) Experian. Discover got in some legal trouble over it, stopped the service, and had to refund a portion of the fees customers paid. The score was a FAKO, anyhow.

Discover has never given a free FICO. I'm with everybody who hopes if they're really going to do this they make it EX or EQ.

Message 24 of 85
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@fatalflaw wrote:

At the bottom of the Discover website there is a link titled "Credit Score Tracker" when you click on the link it brings you to a screen with a message that says that they are not currently accepting new enrollments for credit score tracker. This would make me think that they are going to start providing scores soon

That Credit Score Tracker  link has been there (and has been "dead") since I got my Discover IT in Feb of this year.

For anyone who has had the Discover IT for a while: has Discover ever provided a credit score before?

The old Credit Score Tracker was a paid service in conjunction with (I believe) Experian. Discover got in some legal trouble over it, stopped the service, and had to refund a portion of the fees customers paid. The score was a FAKO, anyhow.

Discover has never given a free FICO. I'm with everybody who hopes if they're really going to do this they make it EX or EQ.

Thank you so much!!  I've always wondered what that had been.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 25 of 85
k84
Valued Member

@Gunnar419 wrote:

They gave me my Equifax FICO score with my Discover IT card. Nothing since then of course but you should get a FICO with a new account.

FICO: EQ: 749 | EX: 754 | TU: 776    FAKO: EQ+: 728 | EX+: 728, EX CS: 787 | TU+: 737, TU CK: 754    Gardening until 1/31/2014
Message 26 of 85
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@k84 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

They gave me my Equifax FICO score with my Discover IT card. Nothing since then of course but you should get a FICO with a new account.

You get a FICO with a new account ONLY if they don't offer you their best terms. That may be most of the time for most of us, but not for people with really high scores.

Message 27 of 85
mekikya
Established Member

That's strange, I never got a score from Discover. what are their best terms? I got no interest for 14 months...

Message 28 of 85
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mekikya wrote:

That's strange, I never got a score from Discover. what are their best terms? I got no interest for 14 months...

Check your T/C for what you received because offers change all the times 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 29 of 85
ksjhwk

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@k84 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

You get a FICO with a new account ONLY if they don't offer you their best terms. That may be most of the time for most of us, but not for people with really high scores.

I applied for the Discover It earlier this week via the link posted here for the $150 Cash Back after $750 spend in the first 3 months.  I received the card today and was given the best interest rate of 10.99% but I'm not sure what exactly qualifies as "their best terms" since I did not get any 0% intro period in lieu of the highest Cash Back offer.  Anyway, along with the card they provided my Equifax score of 831.    

Message 30 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.