Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT FICO starting Nov 19

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT FICO starting Nov 19

@brodor wrote:

Saw someone post this over on SD claiming that they spoke to a supervisor and that Discover IT cardholders will get their FICO for free on their statement each month starting Nov 19. 

Anyone know more about this?

Let's hope this is not another one of those rumors...lol! Plus, I sure hope it's EQ or EX and not TU, since Walmart already furnishes it. It would be awesome , though.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 11 of 85
nyancat
Established Contributor

Ticks me off that they have time for stuff like this, but NOT time to bring back the pretty card designs from the More. Or time to give me a decent credit line, LOL.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 12 of 85
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

It would be great if they did.... just hope it is not TU again... (Barclays, Walmart)... we need diversity in Ficos too ..LOL

Message 13 of 85
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Can't say for sure it's true, but the local news reported last night that FICO is allowing banks to provide free scores to customers.  The first two mentioned were Barclays and First Nat'l Bank of Omaha.  Perhaps, Discover is the next in line.

Message 14 of 85
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Seems to coincide with this bit of news. Very exciting if Discover does decide to do this.

Message 15 of 85
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@k84 wrote:

@acewinningspade wrote:

What is SD?

In this case, SD refers to SlickDeals (a website). The topic the OP was referring to can be found here.

Slickdeals is one of the reasons why i wanted to improve my credit. Everyone would talk about discover or chase freedom getting cash back to get a better deal. I dont have either of the cards yet but i am lot closer than I have ever been thanks to myfico forums.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 16 of 85
lithium78
Established Contributor

I would love for Discover to give an EQ FICO. I already love the card but that would really be amazing.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 85
Rikku
Regular Contributor

If this information is confirmed, it might be the deciding factor when choosing my next card. I'm planning to add a couple new CCs over the next couple of years to replace my SL TLs as I pay them off.

Message 18 of 85
fatalflaw

At the bottom of the Discover website there is a link titled "Credit Score Tracker" when you click on the link it brings you to a screen with a message that says that they are not currently accepting new enrollments for credit score tracker. This would make me think that they are going to start providing scores soon

Discover it- $1800
AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles- $3200
Message 19 of 85
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@fatalflaw wrote:

At the bottom of the Discover website there is a link titled "Credit Score Tracker" when you click on the link it brings you to a screen with a message that says that they are not currently accepting new enrollments for credit score tracker. This would make me think that they are going to start providing scores soon

That Credit Score Tracker  link has been there (and has been "dead") since I got my Discover IT in Feb of this year.

For anyone who has had the Discover IT for a while: has Discover ever provided a credit score before?

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 20 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.