Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover SP Spree

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Discover SP Spree

I tried the useless pre-approve site a couple times, maybe 3 since the begining of the year. I got my 3 free annual CR's this am. Discover has SP'ed me 11 times since 07/16 every 3-4 days all the way up to 08/15/16 on EX. It doesnt show the dates earlier in the year when I used they're pre-approve site. So I guess they really dont SP when you try that site and thats why I read someones dog got the same message as myself and many others.

I'm interested in their card. But I haven't recieved anything in the mail. Guess they'll keep SP'ing until they pre-approve me and the mail starts coming in. Very strange eh?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover SP Spree

Don't rely on preapps.  Learn to assess your own reports and apply when your credit is in shape.

Sites with preapprovals don't necessarily SP when you hit the site.

Message 2 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'll re-word this. Why would any creditor do so many SP's in a short period? 11 in less than 8 weeks? I'm not hitting the site.

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Went for it. Listed in Approved Topic.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I'll re-word this. Why would any creditor do so many SP's in a short period? 11 in less than 8 weeks? I'm not hitting the site.

Discover did the same thing with me in the summer of 2014, right before a pre approval arrived in the mail. 

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Discover did the same thing with me in the summer of 2014, right before a pre approval arrived in the mail. 

Thanks CAPTOOL for taking the time to reply. This is why I pulled the trigger and bulls eye.

Message 6 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Thanks CAPTOOL for taking the time to reply. This is why I pulled the trigger and bulls eye.

I have a theroy on this...

1. By using the preapproval you show interest.. and im pretty sure they do a SP when you attempt the preapproval... (even if its not binding or used as part of the preapproval your shown)

2. Their marketing dept ,.. sees that you prompted a preapproval.. so they keep a watch on you and probably try to send you a preapproval by mail if you havent completed the app... 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.