cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover card FICO score update this month?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover card FICO score update this month?

My Discover FICO score always updates on the 4th or 5th each month, usually with a pull date from the 28th or so about a week prior.  Today I received the usual email stating that my score card had updated.  Upon logging into the account, I see it has not; my last update is still dated 4/28/18.

Anyone else notice this?  It just strikes me as odd that I received an email saying that the update was done, but clearly it hasn't been.  Had I not received the email I wouldn't have even thought twice about it.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover card FICO score update this month?

Mine updates on the 6th and is still showing last update as 5/6 so hopefully tomorrow.. 

Perhaps the holiday last week slowed it by a day?

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine usually pulls on the 20th of each month and was just updated the week of 5/22.  TU is usually the slowest to update from what I've noticed.

My Amex's Experian pull on the 19th of each month on my app and they still don't match upto what I see on CCT for the same reports

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is still showing the score from 4/29/18. My statement cuts today maybe it will update then. 

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icuMine updates on the 6th and is still showing last update as 5/6 so hopefully tomorrow.. 

Are you referring to the score provided on your Discover card account, or are you referring to creditscorecard.com? 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousMine usually pulls on the 20th of each month and was just updated the week of 5/22.  TU is usually the slowest to update from what I've noticed.

I don't believe that the bureau data (TU) being used has any bearing on this.  Discover is making their pull on X date (for me, say the 27th) but doesn't provide the updated score on your account until, say, the 5th.  That lag doesn't have to do with the bureau, simply a decision made by Discover for whatever reason to wait to post it.  My payment due date is the 1st and statement cut date is the 4th.  It looks like Discover waits for your statement to cut and then they post your score following it.

Citi is by far the worst with this, as they'll pull your score on say the 23rd, but not provide the update until the 8th-15th many times.  Their score is from EQ, so again the bureau being used isn't what is relevant here, it's just that the lender is choosing to sit on the score/update for an extended period of time before providing it.  I'm not really sure why this is the case and I started a thread about it maybe a month or two ago and no one really had a good answer as to why.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month my credit card payments post to myfico on the 4th to 7th....I paid both off (leaving a small balance on each) now im looking for that massive credit score increase and im seeing no balance change or score jump! Its annoying as heck because im really curiouss what my score will be without having 99% utilization on one and other close to the same!

Come on Myfico! Get me my new numbers! lol ive already aged 10x the last 2 days waiting Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 17
Subexistence
Established Contributor

Is it possible that not everyone's updates the same time? Like two discover customers can have different pull dates but Disco knows that both will have their TU pulled by a certain date so they send email on that certain date. Just a guess

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score updated this morning.  It was just odd to get that email yesterday and not see the update until today.  Usually for me it's the exact opposite:  I see the update and then a day or two later I see the reminder email basically letting you know that the update had been done, so check out your new credit scorecard.

Message 9 of 17
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My score updated this morning.  It was just odd to get that email yesterday and not see the update until today.  Usually for me it's the exact opposite:  I see the update and then a day or two later I see the reminder email basically letting you know that the update had been done, so check out your new credit scorecard.

I turned off email notifications but for what's it's worth, I got my 5/18 update on TU and 6/03 update on creditscorecard

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.