Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is using Lexis Nexis for Monthly Reviews

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Discover is using Lexis Nexis for Monthly Reviews

Just discovered that Discover through a company called Discover Products Inc is reviewing my Lexis Nexis report on a monthly basis. No other creditor is reviewing it nor have they inquired. Pretty scary what I am finding on this report, no one should ever have access to all this info nor should it be kept till the beginning of time. Im not please with Disco at this point.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Discover is using Lexis Nexis for Monthly Reviews

@gdale6 the only other company using LN that I have been seeing on my reports over the years is State Farm Ins. 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

This displeases me greatly.

Message 3 of 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@gdale6 the only other company using LN that I have been seeing on my reports over the years is State Farm Ins. 

Geico uses them also. Pretty sure all the insurance companies do.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6

Thanks for the major heads up Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 16
moto4man
Regular Contributor

"What is LexisNexis used for?

"LexisNexis helps uncover the information that commercial organizations, government agencies and nonprofits need to get a complete picture of individuals, businesses and assets with industry-leading data and analytic solutions. We offer innovative analytic solutions to serve a wide range of industries."

Directly from their website.  Probabaly a little deep for me to understand, but with that language I can already tell you that I don't like it.  And honestly... any thought that I had had about a Disco card is gone by the wayside.  Especially with so much competition out there, and several better at that!  Thanks for the lowdown.
Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 682EX 687EQ 687TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@GApeachy wrote:

Yeah, my ins co uses them too. It was due to a renewed ins policy increasing in $ and my discount decreasing while my Fico goes higher into the 800s.... I see nothing that should have triggered a decrease in my discount,, looking for a new ins company at this point.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@GApeachy wrote:

Yeah, my ins co uses them too. It was due to a renewed ins policy increasing in $ and my discount decreasing while my Fico goes higher into the 800s.... I see nothing that should have triggered a decrease in my discount,, looking for a new ins company at this point.

Food for thought ... as you age mid 60s+ you are back into ratings similar to when you were 26 years old and younger for auto insurance. My insurance agents so informed me and in fact I saw the experience mod and it surprised me. Only drive to church on Sundays and nice and slow (safe). Smiley Embarassed

Message 8 of 16
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

My Lexis Nexis report is rather thin. As a DP, both Discover and American Express pulled LN monthly for me.  This is when I requested my report in 2021, have not done so this year.

Message 9 of 16
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

I had Goldman Sachs pull my Lexis Nexis report when I applied for the Apple Credit Card. (Feb 2022).

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.