Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover never pulled hard inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover never pulled hard inquiry?

I applied for the Discover it Student Cash Back on April 15th, 2019 and was approved. However, although the account has showed up on my reports from all three bureaus, I never got a hard inquiry for any bureau. I did see a soft pull on Experian but that's it. What happened here? Is it normal for them to not always pull hard inquiries?

EDIT: I've had an online savings account with Discover since September 2018. Maybe this affects whether or not they pull?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover never pulled hard inquiry?

Unless you have a previous relationship with them banking, card or maybe even as an Authorized User, I would think they would HP? Maybe others can chime in, wondering myself since I am AU on a Discover card if they would SP or HP for my own business and personal?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover never pulled hard inquiry?

Ahh, maybe it's because I had an online savings account through them? I opened that account in September 2018. I didn't even think of that but I bet that's why they didn't pull.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.