cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover... no off cycle reporting?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Discover... no off cycle reporting?

I just purchased $4100 of furniture for a new place and my overall utilization will be high. I called Discover to see if they would do an off cycle reporting for me. I was told by an account manager they only report at statement time.

Did they change this recently? I thought they would do that upon request. It's a temporary hit to the scores but still kind of a bummer.

7/2019 Ex 08 670 TU 08 686, EQ 08 692. And climbing...

Cap 1 QS $500, Cap 1 QS1 $750, Discover $9500.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover... no off cycle reporting?

HUCA. You may have gotten the “wrong” CSR. A number of us have gotten them to report off-cycle just by asking. Call back and try with somebody different.

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 2 of 6
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Send them a message, asking to report off cycle. I've always had the best luck that way
EX 759 EQ 774 TU 753

Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

They offered to me when I complained they reported my account so early.

Installment loan reported this month,so technically, I'm at 2 months, but AoYA points were NOT reset. When new CCs hit and it is reset, I'll put the number it is.+1,+2,+2(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Scores updated AUG 4, '19. Since then, 5 HP dings to add; will update again.
Message 4 of 6
Valued Contributor

@CS1974 wrote:

I just purchased $4100 of furniture for a new place and my overall utilization will be high. I called Discover to see if they would do an off cycle reporting for me. I was told by an account manager they only report at statement time.

Did they change this recently? I thought they would do that upon request. It's a temporary hit to the scores but still kind of a bummer.

Were you asking Discover if they would report a little earlier than normal this cycle so it wouldn't reflect the $4100 purchase yet?  Then by next due date/stmt date/report date you were planning to have a lot of it paid off to keep utl. in check?  If you were asking for an earlier report date than normal that may possibly be why csr said only at stmt. date.

"My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home"
Amex Blue Business Cash; Lowe's Rewards
BB&T SpectrumCR
Capital One Savor; Venture; Spark
CitiBank Staples More; Home Depot
Comenity GoodSamsVS
Discover Cash Back; Chrome
Synchrony AmazonNet55; CareCredit; Lowe's Adv & Pro's
Synovus LOC
[Total Open: 185.2k] [Total Closed reporting: 156,823k] EXP 720, EQ 744, TU 736
Message 5 of 6
Valued Contributor

Aha, I misread it - good catch @LauraC. That does sound like the situation.

Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex

Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.