Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute OC & CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute OC & CA

Advised a friend to first dispute the CRAs on an old account. The OC & a CA were listed on his reports. Past SOL.

The dispute results-  the OC TL was deleted but the CA was verified.

The CA is to fall off in Sep 08. He has not been contacted by the CA in years. Is it worthwhile to DV the CA or let it alone?

edit- don't want to give wrong advice, possibility of awakening the CA

Message Edited by Anderson on 02-07-2008 12:46 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute OC & CA

Anderson wrote:

The OC & a CA were listed on his reports. Past SOL.

The dispute results-  the OC TL was deleted but the CA was verified.

The CA is to fall off in Sep 08.

Umm, reporting on one's CRs is dependent on the DOFD--whether it's a CA or OC. This is CRTP, not SOL. If one is beyond CRTP, then the other would be as well. Does your friend know the approximate DOFD?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I say leave it alone. It is so old that it's not doing much damage anyway. your friend should focus his efforts on building new pos credit history. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yes, I know the diff between SOL/CRTP. Both are past SOL but within CRTP.

In this case the OC is now defunct & I thought, and was correct, that the dispute would result in the TL disappearing.

The CA is Midland, they have not updated in a few years and he has had no contact from them during this time.

It's probably not hurting his scores much, has plenty of credit, but his DW has a stellar credit Hx with no baddies, and gets on his case sometimes for the few bads he has. He wanted to try to clean up his reports and please her.

So, wonder if Midland has the goods or would they backdown? 
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave it alone!  if you dispute or DV  it will hurt as they will update it.  KEEP all hard copies of CR
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a gamble. A DV or dispute could awaken the CA and cause them to start calling and writing, or they might recognize the OC is gone so they got nuttin'.

All depends upon how much fight one has in one. If one is a shy wallflower, then one might be better served by an outfit like Lex Law.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! I'll tell him to let it ride. Not worth the grief it could cause if CA was awakened. His wife is definitely a type A. She'd be livid if a CA started calling.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anderson wrote:
His wife is definitely a type A. She'd be livid if a CA started calling.

Then she ain't no Type A. Type A's would take the bull by the horns and wrassle it to the ground.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.