Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Question

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Dispute Question

Mods, if this is not the correct forum, please move. I have 3 closed student loans that were transferred from Sallie Mae to Navient about the time I filed chapter 13. Originally on EQ and TU, these loans had included in BK in the comments. This is not accurate as they were not discharged( I wish they were), but transferred to Navient. This was about the same time the Sallie Mae split between Sallie Mae who now handles private loans and Navient who handles the Federal. EX always had these accounts labeled correctly as Transferred to Another Office. There are no other baddies or any negative marks on any of the three loans.

I've been attempting to get these update to show the correct information. I have called Sallie Mae who say I never had an account with them and they can't do anything as they don't' show that I exist.

I opened disputes with TU and EQ to get the incorrect information updated. TU was a piece of cake. Took them about 2 weeks and it was all updated.

EQ has been a little more difficult. I'm now on my 3rd dispute on this matter with them. They have not been letting me log in to view the disputes and I've had to call them to the tune, they checked and the information was correct. I tried today and was finally able to log into the accounts. On the Sallie Mae accounts the following is listed as results.

The results are: There is no historical account information currently on this account. If you have additional questions about this item please contact: Sallie Mae, PO Box 9500, Wilkes Barre PA 18773−9500

This is what I really expected since Sallie Mae can't find me nor respond to the validity of the dispute. So does anyone know what this means? It sounds to me like it should be updated with the correct information per my request. Especially since I showed them the other 3 Navient loans are exactly the same in terms of open date, amounts, etc.., but the comments still remain.

I still have my third dispute open and hopefully, they will fix it this time. Does anyone have any suggestions or insight as to what I may need to do if it comes back again and they don't update to correct information? These accounts are on my reports until 2023 and I really don't want it dinging my they entire time.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Dispute Question

If you have thew document that shows the list of accounts that was included in  the BK send it Equifax as proof. Or the list of the accounts that was dischared in the BK.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.