Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute Resolved, but still listed on Equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute Resolved, but still listed on Equifax

I filed a dispute with Equifax and rec'd a confirmation letter that the item would be deleted (date of letter is March 8, 2017).  However, the item is still listed on my Equifax report (on this site).  When can I expect this to be removed?

The exact words from the communication I received were:

This item has been deleted from the credit file.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Dispute Resolved, but still listed on Equifax

Are you a subscriber to the 3B? If so, when is the Quartely Date of your next scheduled pull?  Was your disputed item something that possibly wouldn't have much impact show on your score ie removal of 1 old 30 days deliquent on a payment?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I filed a dispute with Equifax and rec'd a confirmation letter that the item would be deleted (date of letter is March 8, 2017).  However, the item is still listed on my Equifax report (on this site).  When can I expect this to be removed?

The exact words from the communication I received were:

This item has been deleted from the credit file.

You do not get alerts for items being removed. You'd need to pull a fresh report to see the new report & score.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My next quarterly credit report won't be unitl June 7.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried checking on credit karma? You can get an update every 7 days there to confirm if it was removed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.