Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute on credit karma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute on credit karma

Hello everyone, a couple days ago I initiated a dispute on credit karma with trans Union regarding a collection account that was listed. This morning I received a message that trans Union has removed this collection account from my credit report, which in turn has raised my trans Union score by 31 points! How do I get experian and equifax to remove this collection? Is it automatic? Do I need to file disputes with them too but that doesn't make too much sense. Do I notify the other two credit bureaus? Thanks in advance!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dispute on credit karma

If it's on all three reports, you wil need to dispute it with all three.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone, a couple days ago I initiated a dispute on credit karma with trans Union regarding a collection account that was listed. This morning I received a message that trans Union has removed this collection account from my credit report, which in turn has raised my trans Union score by 31 points! How do I get experian and equifax to remove this collection? Is it automatic? Do I need to file disputes with them too but that doesn't make too much sense. Do I notify the other two credit bureaus? Thanks in advance!!!

Don't know about Experian but you can file a dispute online with Equifax.

Message 3 of 9
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Don't get too excited about it being removed from CK as that has happened to me before, only to find it remains on my reports when I check CCT. But, I hope it has been removed indefinitely.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also go thru ConsumerFinance as a Cedit Report dispute. CK,  they have my two CS's listed as 692 and 694 respectively.
They also sent me an alert this morning, stating that my Walmart SL was decreased by 4,800,from 6,000 to 1,200. It was false. Had me upset!

I did use the same CK method to dispute something on me fathers report and it was effectively removed...so, I guess it does work.

Message 5 of 9
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

I did not use CK to dispute anything (and wouldn't, only dispute in writing and get a return receipt!) but I had an odd thing yesterday. The collection I have turned over to CS360 to deal with reported as "removed" on the CK EQ dash and then an hour later returned saying "recently added collection".. that is a **bleep** moment for me. It does not show on in my MyFICO paid membership account. I am holding off until the last of my new cards and tradelines post to MyFICO before I order a new report because my next automatic one is not until March 23rd and  I am a bit impatient. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had huge success using CK. I disputed 5 things in the last 2 years and all 5 removed. This was back when CK first started letting you Dispute so it's been a long time....

Hopefully I'll never have another bad mark but if I did I would def use them again.

Congrats.
Message 7 of 9
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have had huge success using CK. I disputed 5 things in the last 2 years and all 5 removed. This was back when CK first started letting you Dispute so it's been a long time....

Hopefully I'll never have another bad mark but if I did I would def use them again.

Congrats.

+1

I had something show up on EQ several months back, and since I discovered it on CK it was simple to initiate the dispute there.  After a few weeks they sent me notice that it was deleted, and it was (Citi's score reflected the deletion when it updated). 

I would have no concerns initiating a future run-of-the-mill dispute through them again, either.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.

+1

I had something show up on EQ several months back, and since I discovered it on CK it was simple to initiate the dispute there.  After a few weeks they sent me notice that it was deleted, and it was (Citi's score reflected the deletion when it updated). 

I would have no concerns initiating a future run-of-the-mill dispute through them again, either.  Smiley Wink

^^^^ +1 also

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.