Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute or not?

Last month, I pulled my EQ credit report and noticed that Midland Credit Mgmt had entered a last payment date of January, 2007 on a debt they acquired from Citibank. I NEVER spoke to MCM, much less paid them anything, so this was obviously an "error" on their part. I disputed the payment, which caused MCM to totally drop off the EQ report. Smiley Happy

Over the weekend, I pulled my TU report; MCM is listed, but no last payment date. Citibank is not on the report at all. The SOL expired in September, 2006, so I'm not worried about any legal action. However, I am wondering if I should dispute it with TU or if I should just leave it alone. According to TU, it's supposed to be removed from my report in September, 2009. I haven't checked EX, yet.

Going back to EQ, can MCM add it back on now that it's been removed?

One other question. I have a foreclosure on my report from 2001, scheduled to drop off in late summer/early fall. Even though it's a negative, I realize I'll lose history when it's gone. Will I take a big hit initially when it drops off? Thanks!!

Message Edited by gsb126 on 04-08-2008 11:02 AM
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dispute or not?

Dispute on what grounds?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.