Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispute process for US Bank authoriztion refund then disappered

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute process for US Bank authoriztion refund then disappered

I have a question.  I have H20 Wireless prepaid (AT&T reseller) and I had a problem with H20 Wireless and what happen is they blocked my text message because I texted 4,000 text in 4 days which is not true.  I have been with H20 Wireless sicne 2016 and now 2021 they throw me out becuase of text limit Ridiculus!  Postpaid wireless does not have this probelm and it's ONLY prepaid resellers but if you are on a origal own branded like Verizon prepaid, ATT prepaid or Tmobile prepaid they don't have a restriction because you are using thier "OWN" towers and they are not "renting towers" like a reseller Straigh Talk, Simple Mobile etc.  If anyone is subscribe to a "resller" PLEASE check there TOS/C before you pruchase it otherwise you willbe like me they block you and force you to leave the reseller carrier and then you have to search for your own.  I don't want anyone who go through what I did.  I only subscribe to MTA buses/subways alrets and sometime I get 10-20 text message a day becuase there is a problem with the transit that is it and sometimes I do text my friends and family but not every day.  They say there is a limit of 7,000 a month.  Now H20 Wireless "forces" me to leave the company OR get a NEW number with the carrier to "stay with them"  I am not getting a new cell number so I chose to leave with the company no choice. I have to find another provider now.  It doesn't even say in their TOS/C (Terms and service or conition).  I report to the BBB and FCC and H20 Wireless reponded to me saying they will give back my refund of $233.56 Jan11, 2021.  Then I logged into my US Bank acccount and I did see a "authorizaion" of refund of $233.56 on Jan 11,2021.  Today Jan 15, 2021 I logged into my  US Bank acccount I don't see the "authorization" of #$233.56 anymore. I though US Bank will be "slow to post" but then in the afternoon again I checked and still no refund. I called US Bank and they don't see the "authorization of $233.56" now they have to go through the"dispute" process.  From now on if there are any refunds I will log into US Bank and make "screenshots" of it and then there is "proof" of it.  Did anyone had a refund through US Bank and after the authrization it went through back to your credit card as refund?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Dispute process for US Bank authoriztion refund then disappered

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question.  I have H20 Wireless prepaid (AT&T reseller) and I had a problem with H20 Wireless and what happen is they blocked my text message because I texted 4,000 text in 4 days which is not true.  I have been with H20 Wireless sicne 2016 and now 2021 they throw me out becuase of text limit Ridiculus!  Postpaid wireless does not have this probelm and it's ONLY prepaid resellers but if you are on a origal own branded like Verizon prepaid, ATT prepaid or Tmobile prepaid they don't have a restriction because you are using thier "OWN" towers and they are not "renting towers" like a reseller Straigh Talk, Simple Mobile etc.  If anyone is subscribe to a "resller" PLEASE check there TOS/C before you pruchase it otherwise you willbe like me they block you and force you to leave the reseller carrier and then you have to search for your own.  I don't want anyone who go through what I did.  I only subscribe to MTA buses/subways alrets and sometime I get 10-20 text message a day becuase there is a problem with the transit that is it and sometimes I do text my friends and family but not every day.  They say there is a limit of 7,000 a month.  Now H20 Wireless "forces" me to leave the company OR get a NEW number with the carrier to "stay with them"  I am not getting a new cell number so I chose to leave with the company no choice. I have to find another provider now.  It doesn't even say in their TOS/C (Terms and service or conition).  I report to the BBB and FCC and H20 Wireless reponded to me saying they will give back my refund of $233.56 Jan11, 2021.  Then I logged into my US Bank acccount and I did see a "authorizaion" of refund of $233.56 on Jan 11,2021.  Today Jan 15, 2021 I logged into my  US Bank acccount I don't see the "authorization" of #$233.56 anymore. I though US Bank will be "slow to post" but then in the afternoon again I checked and still no refund. I called US Bank and they don't see the "authorization of $233.56" now they have to go through the"dispute" process.  From now on if there are any refunds I will log into US Bank and make "screenshots" of it and then there is "proof" of it.  Did anyone had a refund through US Bank and after the authrization it went through back to your credit card as refund?

US Bank updates their systems around midnight. It is possible, the refund will actually post tomorrow. 

It is also possible that the refund was canceled and never actually funded.

Hopefully you get your refund quickly. 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

US Bank updates their systems around midnight. It is possible, the refund will actually post tomorrow. 

It is also possible that the refund was canceled and never actually funded.

Hopefully you get your refund quickly. 

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I hope I get it quickly also before I go to another provider.  I hope it post tomorrow.  US Bank gave me a provisional as a temp refund and they will investigate it.  Yes that is possible too the refund was cancelled and I don't have screen shots that that is not good. It tough me a lesson.  Always make screens shot as proof.  I have screen shots from FCC and BBB that H20 Wireless "refunded" me and it is back on my credit card.  I hope this process goes through quickly.

Message 3 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just to note that H2O is not a reseller per se, they are a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that buys bulk capacity from a carrier (in H2O's case, from AT&T) to provide their own branded prepaid service.

I had given them a try maybe 5-6 years ago - I forget exactly, but RingPlus still had a heartbeat then - for a beater phone when most low cost MVNOs contracted their capacity from Tmobile or Sprint and I found their customer support back then nonexistent.  Sounds like they haven't done much to address that shortcoming.

Lesson learned though,  always take screen captures of things like dispute resolutions or applying for a card with an enhanced SUB offer as a screen capture can go a long way in tilting the odds in your favor when questons arise later.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coldfusion wrote:

Just to note that H2O is not a reseller per se, they are a MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) that buys bulk capacity from a carrier (in H2O's case, from AT&T) to provide their own branded prepaid service.

I had given them a try maybe 5-6 years ago - I forget exactly, but RingPlus still had a heartbeat then - for a beater phone when most low cost MVNOs contracted their capacity from Tmobile or Sprint and I found their customer support back then nonexistent.  Sounds like they haven't done much to address that shortcoming.

Lesson learned though,  always take screen captures of things like dispute resolutions or applying for a card with an enhanced SUB offer as a screen capture can go a long way in tilting the odds in your favor when questons arise later.

OK thanks I meant MVNO.  Ahhh I remember Right Plus...it's no longer availbe now.  Oh you had H20 Wireless back then so you know how the company is OK.  Well it's the first and last time for though. I am done with them.  Yes I agree screen shots are ALWAYS the best. Well I have it from the FCC and the BBB so I am good to go if there questions later.  I just have to wait for the outcome now.  Thanks for the input.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!! 1-19-22

I went to check my refund and I got back my money from H20 Wireless BUT they "didn't want to refund" my money.  I also see a provisional credit by US Bank.  I then called US Bank and they said yes H20 Wireless refunded your money and now the bank can take back the provisional becuase H20 Wireless gave me back the money. I asked the rep was it becuase I called the comapny and H20 Wireless gave me back the money or was it due to the "dispute" and then H20 Wireless gave me back the money. The rep said it was "due to the dispute" then H20 Wireless gave me back the money.  So another words H20 Wireless didn't want to give me back the money at all. WOW unreal!!.  That's good now that this saga is over with once and for all.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.