Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Collections/CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed Collections/CC

On Oct06, I purchase my cr from Experian using the Suze Orman product. I had a collection that I disputed and was removed from my cr. But now that I'm trying to dispute this same collection form Equifax, my disputed result stated that this collection belongs to me. Why is Experian able to delete this collection but not Equifax? What do I need to do? Also, I have 3 cc that I don't have or recollect having. But when I disputed these cc, Equifax reported them as it belongs to me. Please help. These cc are also reported on Transunion. Need help!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed Collections/CC

Is the item legitimately yours?   If so it sounds like you just got lucky with EX removing it.  If the collection is yours and still open try sending a PFD letter.
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Remember... the CRAs have nothing to do with one another, and you have no leverge between them. Just because one deletes does not mean the others are obligated to follow.
Message 3 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Tuscani wrote:
Remember... the CRAs have nothing to do with one another, and you have no leverge between them. Just because one deletes does not mean the others are obligated to follow.

As I well know.  And for me, EX hates removing anything at all  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The collection is mine, it was cable company. I turned in a cable receiver at their local store and the company sent my account to a collection agency because supposedly they had no record of the item being turned in. Should I send this company a validation letter or pfd? and what should I do with the credit cards that stated I opened an account with them, First Premier and Bank of Hoven? Does anyone knows anything about these companies?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the receipt from when you turned it in?
or the Serial number?

I file these ASAP as cable companies are known to mess this up.
Message 6 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Is this Comcast or Time Warner by chance?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ACS company from Alaska.
Message 8 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, so do you have the SN# or receipt as Tim suggested?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have the receipt. But the weird thing about this is that  I just received my TU disputed result today and they deleted this same item in my CR. This is so frustrating. I have 3 different CA with 3 different informations ie credit cards, collections, etc.. I don't know where to start.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.