Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed Item Deleted from Reports?

tag
jgbishop
Valued Member

Disputed Item Deleted from Reports?

I started a thread in the rebuilding credit section but wasnt getting much help. I submitted a dispute last week to EQ and TU regarding a late payment on the closed account. Checking email this morning, I had received an email with the results of my EQ investigation. The section that stated the results was blank. I assumed this just to mean it had been verified. Out of curiosity, I pulled EQ and TU this morning. Not only was the late payment no longer listed but the entire account was removed. So I am confused on something. I know FICO ignores accounts in disputes and this could be what raised my score but wouldn't those accounts still be listed in the reports still just in dispute? I can't tell if my dispute was verified or if the account was deleted from my credit history. I also pulled the reports from the experian site to see if the account was listed on the TU and EQ reports through that site and they are not. Are the really gone??

Starting Score: TU (myFICO) , EQ (myFICO) 620 , EX (PlusScore) 661 [1/1/13]
Current Score:font> TU (myFICO) 678 , EQ (myFICO) 660 , EX (PlusScore) 706 [6/11/13]
Goal Score: 750+ All Three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputed Item Deleted from Reports?

If not showing via your EX CMS, then it's probably gone. It's not uncommon for one or two CRAs to verify and the third delete, or all 3 verify and the creditor decides to delete on their own to help you out. Quite often when you dispute a late on a closed account the entire TL will delete.

Per FICO, FICO ignores only certain aspects of the TL during a dispute. These include the payment history, the balance, and the CL. In your example, only the payment history would have hurt since it was closed. Once verified, then everything would be scores again though assuming it doesn't delete. Other aspects like the mix of credit, impact to your scoring bucket, impact to your AAoA, length of history, and others still are scored during a dispute. If deleted, then the score could go either way based on the age of the TL and the impact of the baddie.

Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You'll need to wait to get the paper results from the CRAs to know for sure.

Only certain aspects of an OC account are removed from scoring during the dispute process.  The TL would still be on your report just some areas not scored.

Those areas not scored could have raised your score.  When the dispute is resolved it will go back to pre dispute score or go up or down depending on what happens.

Is the account being removed going to damage your AAoA?

ETA:  I am slow this morning.

Message 3 of 6
jgbishop
Valued Member

I finally got in touch with people at TU and EQ. The dispute is closed and the accounts are no longer being reported.

Guiness - Yeah the removal of the account dropped me from 5 years of credit history down to 3. AAoA didn't change though.

Scores went up 70 on TU and 45 on EQ. EQ has a couple of inquiries that are coming off this month and then all scores will be 730+.

Thanks for all of your help guys

Starting Score: TU (myFICO) , EQ (myFICO) 620 , EX (PlusScore) 661 [1/1/13]
Current Score:font> TU (myFICO) 678 , EQ (myFICO) 660 , EX (PlusScore) 706 [6/11/13]
Goal Score: 750+ All Three

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA was required to have sent a copy of the dispute to the furnisher for their investigation, and response back to the CRA of the results of that investigation.

However, the furnisher apparently chose to simply delete the entire account, which obviated any issue of accuracy or inaccuracy in any reporting, and thus any requriement to report the rsults of any investigation back to the CRA.

At that point, the dispute became moot, as there was no longer any reporting for the CRA to either verify or delete.  So the CRA dismissed the dispute without making a determination.  That is why they did not either verify or hold lack of verification.

No remaining account = no pending dispute flag remaining under the account.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.