cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputed and CRA reaged my Paid acct! What to do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputed and CRA reaged my Paid acct! What to do?

I finally figured out why after paying down and off so many accounts my scores from Ex and Eq either dropped or only moved by 7 or more points.  I had an account for buying a stupid Kirby vacuum cleaner and had been lafter for about 60 days almost 2yrs ago but I paid it off around late 2005 or 2006.  Eq and Ex had it noted as  120 days late and paid and 180 days late.

I disputed the late comments and it came paid as paid, collection/charge off,  and paid by original creditor, collection charge off and the date changed to 07/07.  Transunion is still showing 120 days late and not paid but that is a separate dispute, however,t heir date is 05/2006.

I want to know, do I have valid grounds to dispute because when they did their investigation, they reaged to 07/07 which made the account seem as if I just paid it off when it was paid off over 1 year to 1 year and a half and shouldn't they also fixed the 'paid by original creditor'? It was paid by me and it's not a charge off if I paid it.  It was never sent to collection.

Any advice as I'm sure this is hurting my scores by around 15-25pts? The creditor was unite Consumer.  Should I also ask for method of validation?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputed and CRA reaged my Paid acct! What to do?

Do you have paper copies of your CRs from before the dispute?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do. BTW, I checked my Span folder and I see that I did received one FICO altert on 07/17/07 for the Chevron gas card that I paid down from $568 to $90. It bumped by score from 607 to 623.  I'm sort of confused why my score didn't go up when my HELOC line was paid off entirely 2 wks ago.

The chevron as of today is still showing the $568 balance on True Credit- don't understand that.

In any event, this is the alter from MyFICO regarding the United Consumer account:

Account opened: 12/2004
Description: Paid charge off
Secured

Previously reported Newly reported Balance: $0 $0 Past due: Not on Record Not on Record Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due Bad Debt; Placed for collection; Last activity: 11/1/2005 11/1/2005 Description: Paid by dealer
Paid charge off
Secured

Contact: UNITED CONSUMER FINANCIAL SVCS, 865 Bassett Rd, Westlake, OH, 441451

I think the date of 07/07 that is now showing on my report but not here and the changed wording has caused my scores to decreased.  Do you think that this has an effect and is it worth it to dispute the wording?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If any piece of data is reporting incorrectly, then dispute the TL with the CRAs as inaccurate.

What date is showing as 7/2007, and what should it be?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

On my TrueCredit 3 in 1 reports, Ex has it as , Reported: 07/11/07 and Eq has it as Reported: 07/07,
Transunion has the same as before as Reported: 06/2006.  What I am saying is that Ex and Eq changed the date of the 'reported' to the date that they received verification and this in turn reaged my account.  This is the only thing that I can see that would have had a negative effect on my scores as I beliee my scores should be higher as I paid off a significant chunk of my credit cards and all of a HELOC>
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.