Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes Lower Credit Score?

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Disputes Lower Credit Score?

I just received a message from FICO ScoreWatch that stated my score went down 1 point today - not a big deal in and of itself, but the only thing that has happened on my credit report is that Equifax/CSC has started the reinvestigation process for 13 of my disputes (there are more to come).  Is this normal?  Will the score go back up when the disputes are complete?

What the hey?

Message Edited by Neblett on 04-27-2007 01:24 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes Lower Credit Score?

Neblett wrote:
I just received a message from FICO ScoreWatch that stated my score went down 1 point today - not a big deal in and of itself, but the only thing that has happened on my credit report is that Equifax/CSC has started the reinvestigation process for 13 of my disputes (there are more to come).  Is this normal?  Will the score go back up when the disputes are complete?

What the hey?

Message Edited by Neblett on 04-27-2007 01:24 PM

There could be a number of things causing a 1 pouint score drop.  I had one for three points and no explaination whatsoever for it.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes Lower Credit Score?

Yeah, any change in FICO under 4 points or so is largely just "noise" that can be ignored. Anything can cause a 1 to 3 point change, including but not limited to bird migrations, solar flares, Elvis sightings, or college kids on spring break.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.