Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputes Question

I have read about lots of folks who have "disputes" listed in the CR's, as account in dispute, or some thing like that.

I have several disputes out some for a few weeks now, and find no notes about that in any of my TC reports. They all continue to show their original status. Does this mean I did not file the dispute right, they are diregarding my disputes, or do they only sometimes change the status to "disputed"?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputes Question

BUmp!
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll take wild guesses!
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaguls66 wrote:
i'll take wild guesses!

The types of disputes maybe?
Maybe there's a difference between "not mine" and "was not late". 

you did say you'd take wild guesses....right?Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing some as "not mine" "Unknown". As any contact info, except a little of the account #. No Contact Info at all. A few disputing as to old, some should have aged off by a few months. Thanks Trini, thought I was the only one here today!

Message Edited by jaguls66 on 07-05-2007 10:28 AM
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't give you the direct answer you're looking for......sorry.  Keep bumping the post up though, someone waay wiser than I will chime in. 
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP.... again
Message 7 of 15
Takunda1
Established Contributor

I say check the dispute website of the CB's to see the status of your disputes. I disputed with TU only to find out that due to some system glitch my disputes never went through, so I was told to do them over.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs don't have any wiggle room. That have to note it's disputed or include the statement you sent them. If they don't, they are in violation.

15 USC 1681i(c)

Notification of consumer dispute in subsequent consumer reports

Whenever a statement of a dispute is filed, unless there is reasonable grounds to believe that it is frivolous or irrelevant, the consumer reporting agency shall, in any subsequent consumer report containing the information in question, clearly note that it is disputed by the consumer and provide either the consumer's statement or a clear and accurate codification or summary thereof.

However, they don't have to absolutely follow your punctuation and capitalization. See the Edwards letter.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be listed under "condition" in my TC reports correct. Because none of my disputes are listed as such with any of the CRAs.

Might I have done something wrong?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.